Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Self Introduction
Self Introduction
2011-09-28, 7:50 PM #41
Originally posted by Mr. Robot:
The internet is a scary place!

That doesn't calm my suspicions at all. In fact, it heightens them. Got any reason for me to believe you're not someone we've previously banned?
2011-09-28, 8:09 PM #42
I don't have any reason for you to believe anything about me. If you are uncomfortable with users with privacy concerns please feel free to disable my account. I just thought I might want to post in the Jedi Knight Issues thread at some point but there are other sources for that sort of help.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-09-28, 8:34 PM #43
I hope this guy is selling me a sweet vacation package
2011-09-28, 9:19 PM #44
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
That doesn't calm my suspicions at all. In fact, it heightens them. Got any reason for me to believe you're not someone we've previously banned?

**** you, Cool Matty. You seem like a ******** anyway.
2011-09-28, 10:09 PM #45
Originally posted by Mr, Robot:
**** you, Cool Matty. You seem like a ******** anyway.

Screw you too Antony.
2011-09-28, 10:12 PM #46
I don't know what I did wrong here.
>>untie shoes
2011-09-28, 10:30 PM #47
Originally posted by Al Ciao:
Yes. Please sign here, here, and here.

You may now enter the 7th Circle of Hell-- oops, I mean, the Massassi forums. The Devil-- I mean Cool Matty, will be along shortly to assign you a punishment.

i see a serious error in your post... you may want to do some fact checking in the future
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2011-09-28, 11:00 PM #48
Originally posted by Antony:
I don't know what I did wrong here.

posting
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-09-29, 12:19 AM #49
I think that we should probably give new members the benefit of doubt. This isn't exactly a thriving community & the risk is minimal (lives aren't at stake). There are too many uses for Tor & too much space for tabs in modern browsers to assume that there's malicious intent. There are people that use Tor for all of their browsing. I'd hate to think that Mr. Robot is Richard Stallman & that we're going to risk alienating someone because of their choice to remain anonymous. I think that we should probably judge the guy by his posts. Otherwise this is going to turn Orwellian, quickly.
? :)
2011-09-29, 5:48 AM #50
Haha this thread just got real
2011-09-29, 8:08 AM #51
Originally posted by Mentat:
I think that we should probably give new members the benefit of doubt. This isn't exactly a thriving community & the risk is minimal (lives aren't at stake). There are too many uses for Tor & too much space for tabs in modern browsers to assume that there's malicious intent. There are people that use Tor for all of their browsing. I'd hate to think that Mr. Robot is Richard Stallman & that we're going to risk alienating someone because of their choice to remain anonymous. I think that we should probably judge the guy by his posts. Otherwise this is going to turn Orwellian, quickly.

A bit late for that, buddy. Frankly, if I had an easy way of doing it, I'd just ban TOR outright. It'd save me a lot of time and effort, that's for sure. Especially since the number of actual new members at Massassi is such a rare occasion that every instance can be individually investigated. Not to mention I don't believe in using TOR for "anonymity" in the first place. A rapidly changing IP address doesn't make you anonymous, it just makes administrators like myself have a harder job.
2011-09-29, 10:15 AM #52
Don't be such an assbastard. Some people just like a little anonymity in their browsing.
2011-09-29, 10:21 AM #53
Welcome! Is your name short for "testicular torsion"? You have one hour to get in to surgery or you're going to lose that ball!
2011-09-29, 10:40 AM #54
My opinion? Crush the little Tor user. Crush him good.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2011-09-29, 11:15 AM #55
Originally posted by ToRsion:
Don't be such an assbastard. Some people just like a little anonymity in their browsing.

Thanks for convincing me. Tor's banned, folks. You can have your anonymity by not registering, thanks!

Mr. Robot: You can avoid getting banned if your next post doesn't use TOR.
2011-09-29, 11:33 AM #56
hahaha wtf
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2011-09-29, 11:35 AM #57
Kool Matty loves him some iron fist ruling of this board.
>>untie shoes
2011-09-29, 11:56 AM #58
Screen dump for posterity.
2011-09-29, 12:04 PM #59
Wait so Robot isn't Antony?
2011-09-29, 12:06 PM #60
Originally posted by Couchman:
Wait so Robot isn't Antony?

There was two, one was Antony.
2011-09-29, 12:24 PM #61
LIES!
>>untie shoes
2011-09-29, 12:32 PM #62
My name's Tone and I'm an alcoholic.

I also made BoaM about 11 years ago and people apparently still play it.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2011-09-29, 1:20 PM #63
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
A rapidly changing IP address doesn't make you anonymous

Not only that but around a good 40-60% of all TOR nodes are run by a government of some sort...
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2011-09-29, 1:20 PM #64
Oh, brings back memories.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-09-29, 1:55 PM #65
yeesh.
2011-09-29, 2:02 PM #66
Originally posted by FastGamerr:

This explains a lot. Not only why people seemed so shocked when I joined but why CoolMatty gets suspicious so easily of newcomers. No offence CoolMatty.
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2011-09-29, 2:52 PM #67
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
My name's Tone and I'm an alcoholic.

I also made BoaM about 11 years ago and people apparently still play it.

Ive been redownloading and playing almost EVERY level recently. It is awesome to know that its 2011 (im 21) and i started playing them when I was 8 or 9.

ALSO: I play the Search For Leia regularly.

Cool Matty is a good guy (i think), he just needs to be wary of other people on his site. If he were to just let this go it would be the end, the end of massassi as a whole. Buildings would fall, Bombs willl fall, and so massassi. He loves massassi as a child and dosnt need his kid hangin out with the retarded kid down the street. Running massassi is like runing a country ( i imagine ). Once you let one dick in, all his dick friends will follow and suddenly you have dicks in your hair, mouth, butt, coffee, threads, car, even your desktop. IN other words, If he lets one banned ****** in hes gotta let all the ******s in, and we dont want that do we? CM cannot cave, then hell loose control and have nothing to keep people in check with.

If you dont wanna be banned, the task becomes simple: kiss his ass
Or at the very last dont piss him off, i don not believe CM is vindictive. No, he is just aware. He wants a site to run like it should. We cant have cogs in the machine can we?

Look, if you wanna just fit in here is what you do:

1. make a Dr. Who thread (which all suck)
2. make fun of Alan
3. call Alan ugly
4. Agree with JM and Jlee or youll die and be wrong at the same time
5. poke baconfish in the belly till he makes the Pillsbury dough boy noise (be careful, he may give you a yeast infection)
6. Neglect your family and friends for the site

But the most important thing of all is number 7.

7. Make New Levels
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2011-09-29, 2:55 PM #68
No.

7. 'Splode.
2011-09-29, 3:26 PM #69
Originally posted by Cr0wb4r:
This explains a lot. Not only why people seemed so shocked when I joined but why CoolMatty gets suspicious so easily of newcomers. No offence CoolMatty.

I think that "suspicious" is putting it lightly. Paranoia is more like it. Massassi isn't vital to national security & few would give two ****s if Wookie was unbanned (several of us didn't even notice).

Also, Tor's main focus is making data anonymous, not users (although it does to an extent). Whether or not it's effective is irrelevant. I have friends that work at non-profits where Tor is required. The idea that there aren't legitimate reasons for someone to be using Tor is ridiculous. Granted, we could simply ask them to only visit Massassi from home, but the risk of anything serious occurring is so minimal that the idea of even having to is laughable. What are we going to do when someone that was banned learns to use SSH to browse the web? A multitude of us could be someone that was previous banned (e.g., Pugler). It only takes a reasonably capable person to make themselves anonymous & to create a new forum persona. This is exactly why we need to judge individual user accounts according to their merits & not whether or not they're exercising their freedom to attempt anonymity online.

...but it's not my website. I can do nothing more than offer criticism when I see something that appears to me to be unfair/unjust. I don't think negatively of CM because of his decision, I merely disagree with it.
2011-09-29, 3:30 PM #70
8. Don't feed mb. He's like a stray dog.
>>untie shoes
2011-09-29, 3:33 PM #71
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
2. make fun of Alan
3. call Alan ugly

When the **** did I become tibby?
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-09-29, 3:44 PM #72
number 15: dont make fun of big noses, i have a big nose, theyre awesome
2011-09-29, 3:49 PM #73
We cant have cogs in the machine can we?

:rolleyes:
2011-09-29, 3:54 PM #74
Originally posted by saberopus:
:rolleyes:

thank you
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-09-29, 3:59 PM #75
Originally posted by Mentat:
I think that "suspicious" is putting it lightly. Paranoia is more like it. Massassi isn't vital to national security & few would give two ****s if Wookie was unbanned (several of us didn't even notice).

Also, Tor's main focus is making data anonymous, not users (although it does to an extent). Whether or not it's effective is irrelevant. I have friends that work at non-profits where Tor is required. The idea that there aren't legitimate reasons for someone to be using Tor is ridiculous. Granted, we could simply ask them to only visit Massassi from home, but the risk of anything serious occurring is so minimal that the idea of even having to is laughable. What are we going to do when someone that was banned learns to use SSH to browse the web? A multitude of us could be someone that was previous banned (e.g., Pugler). It only takes a reasonably capable person to make themselves anonymous & to create a new forum persona. This is exactly why we need to judge individual user accounts according to their merits & not whether or not they're exercising their freedom to attempt anonymity online.

...but it's not my website. I can do nothing more than offer criticism when I see something that appears to me to be unfair/unjust. I don't think negatively of CM because of his decision, I merely disagree with it.

You think its easy, yet so many have failed to do so in a simple manner. Frankly, considering the number of people using Tor here in the first place, I don't think it'll ever be an issue again.
2011-09-29, 4:39 PM #76
stop making fun of alan :argh:
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-09-30, 8:08 AM #77
Honestly, i like alan and the fact that he never makes a stink when he is being made fun of only make me like him more. Dont see it as an insult, see it as a gesture of friendship. If i really wanted to piss someone off for real id make fun of Seraph, but then id get berated with a barrage of insults that i dont even care about, where as alan will just turn around make fun of tibby. I can honestly say that alan at least makes me laugh occasionally. More than i can say about most of you...
2011-09-30, 8:29 AM #78
ah **** sorry to disappoint, tracer let's work harder
2011-09-30, 10:03 AM #79
Honestly, i like alan and the fact that he never makes a stink when he is being made fun of only make me like him more. Dont see it as an insult, see it as a gesture of friendship. If i really wanted to piss someone off for real id make fun of Seraph, but then id get berated with a barrage of insults that i dont even care about, where as alan will just turn around make fun of tibby. I can honestly say that alan at least makes me laugh occasionally. More than i can say about most of you...

Awwwww... Somebody has a crush.
>>untie shoes
2011-09-30, 1:21 PM #80
more than that i hope

↑ Up to the top!