Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Are you ready for some HITLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR???
Are you ready for some HITLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR???
2011-10-07, 8:59 AM #1
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eF6vCv13bw

I haven't seen a thread about this yet, so I'll put it up here.

Hank Jr, who many of you should recognize from the opening of Monday Night Football, went on Fox News and made some questionable comments on Monday. We're not really sure if he was actually comparing President Obama to Hitler or not, but it's obvious he doesn't understand that in order to refer to a group of individuals as "the three stooges" it usually helps if there are three of them. Also, it may not be in the best interests of your continued appearances on Monday Night Football if you refer to the president and vice president as "the enemy."

It seems pretty obvious that Hank is under the influence of some sort of substance here, and to be honest, I can't see the comments and the erratic behavior leading to any other conclusion.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7066449/espn-hank-williams-jr-theme-song-return-monday-night-football

Some people are saying that this is an infringement of his first amendment rights. Personally I say that's ridiculous. The first amendment gives you the right to go on television whacked out on whatever you want saying whatever you want. That is unquestionable. The first amendment does not mandate that a nationally televised sports program will continue to associate with you after you do this.

I'm a bit sad that I don't get to see the Monday Night Football intro anymore. It's been a part of the broadcast since I was three years old, which is further back than I can remember. The thing is, though, I don't think I could watch it without thinking about Hank Jr being on tv whacked out of his mind ranting about the President and the Speaker of the House playing golf and how it was one of the biggest political mistakes ever. Pretty sure Hank was the only one still thinking about that.

EDIT: I wish wookie06 was here for this one, just for the inevitable comment of "comparing Obama to Hitler is stupid. He's more like *insert other evil historic figure here*"
>>untie shoes
2011-10-07, 9:08 AM #2
comparing obama to hitler is stupid he's more like vlad the impaler
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2011-10-07, 9:13 AM #3
I can't tell if he's on something or just an idiot. :confused:
nope.
2011-10-07, 9:17 AM #4
HITLEEEEEEEEEEEEER'S DO IT FOR THEMSELVES
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-10-07, 9:40 AM #5
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I can't tell if he's on something or just an idiot. :confused:

They say that Hank Jr is well known for being outspoken... This is incorrect. He's well known for being drunk or high in public.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-07, 9:51 AM #6
You guys just don't realize "the country this shape is in".
? :)
2011-10-07, 10:14 AM #7
Oh COME ON! COME ON!
>>untie shoes
2011-10-07, 11:09 AM #8
He is wearing sunglasses because he is baked out of his mind
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2011-10-07, 11:12 AM #9
Or because he's a musician and he's indoors.

And Antony I thought that he was only well known for being Hank Williams' son?
nope.
2011-10-07, 11:17 AM #10
Well yeah, I guess. And he was pretty well known back in the 80s, but these days Hank Jr is pretty much just the Monday Night Football guy.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-07, 11:29 AM #11
He had a pretty serious head injury awhile back.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-10-07, 1:04 PM #12
Yeah, he fell off a cliff & nearly died. I witnessed this in the movie "Living Proof" with John-Boy from "The Waltons" starring as Bocephus.
2011-10-07, 2:08 PM #13
yeah... this was rather, well. it would have been hilarious if it was not SOOOOO stupid. you know your off the rocker when even the guys on fox are saying 'i dont quite understand your analogy'.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-10-07, 8:33 PM #14
Next week's Monday Night Football intro will feature Barry Sanders instead. The article I read didn't say one way or another, but I doubt he'll be singing.
2011-10-07, 8:44 PM #15
They said that for the rest of the season it'll just be retrospectives on both teams, similar to what you see prior to college football games. In the offseason they will decide on what kind of opening they'll have in the future. I hope they do another musical opening. I loved the old MNF opening, and I even really dig the Football Night in America opening on Sundays.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-07, 8:46 PM #16
I like a musical intro in theory, but it's awfully easy to screw it up. See NBC. I told one of my friends, right after this story broke, "Now if only we can get Faith Hill to say Bush did 9/11."
2011-10-07, 8:58 PM #17
Yeah, they need to ditch Faith Hill and go back to Pink.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-07, 9:05 PM #18
Obama is the Anti-Christ.

There. I said it.
2011-10-07, 10:22 PM #19
YOU'RE FIRED
2011-10-07, 10:28 PM #20
You know, it's just not the same when people try to sound like wookie. No one can do crazy quite like him. I'm not saying I miss him, I'm just saying that everyone who has posted in this thread sucks at sucking as bad as wookie06.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-07, 10:48 PM #21
Wow... all that hype about this interview and I found it to be, um, overhyped.

If ESPN would have just kept the MNF intro and not given this interview such attention I dont think anyone would care...
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2011-10-07, 11:04 PM #22
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
If ESPN would have just kept the MNF intro and not given this interview such attention I dont think anyone would care...

You do realize that the reason they dropped the intro is because people do care? Your entire post is completely invalid.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-08, 12:30 AM #23
What you guys failed to realize is that Wookie is actually Stephen Colbert & he's merely been ****ing with us all of this time.
2011-10-08, 12:02 PM #24
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Wow... all that hype about this interview and I found it to be, um, overhyped.

He said the "H word". That's up there with the "N word" in terms of media suicide
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-10-08, 12:03 PM #25
Originally posted by Mentat:
What you guys failed to realize is that Wookie is actually Stephen Colbert & he's merely been ****ing with us all of this time.

If Wookie were Stephen Colbert, he'd be a funny parody rather than a sad parody.
2011-10-08, 12:49 PM #26
I miss the chemistry wookie had with all of us. :v:

Massassi used to be lots funner with the occasional political thread and resulting banfest.

Speaking of which, where did Emon go?

We should make a nostalgia thread as a tribute to wookie and call it 'The people vs. Wookie06'.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2011-10-08, 12:54 PM #27
Originally posted by Deadman:
He said the "H word". That's up there with the "N word" in terms of media suicide

Unless it was being said about Bush... :ninja:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-10-08, 5:56 PM #28
Originally posted by Antony:
You do realize that the reason they dropped the intro is because people do care? Your entire post is completely invalid.

Oh maybe some people who saw the initial broadcast would care, but most folks are like "They're changing the Monday Night Football intro?? What the HELL! I GOTTA see why!"
2011-10-08, 8:20 PM #29
I'm willing to bet that more people have seen that clip via youtube and various other sources than saw it on the original broadcast.

EDIT: Furthermore, are you really taking the stance that it wouldn't matter if no one knew about it? ESPN doesn't want to be associated with someone who gets on TV and rants like an idiot (curiously, they still employ Lee Corso and Chris Berman). Of course no one would care if they didn't know about it... That much goes for anything that has ever happened. I mean, sure, I can understand people watching the broadcast and becoming curious about why Hank Jr is no longer singing his song (in what I will admit was a totally hilariously awesome intro), but I would assume that the average person would have to have enough sense to understand why ESPN made this decision.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-08, 9:32 PM #30
Originally posted by Antony:
I'm willing to bet that more people have seen that clip via youtube and various other sources than saw it on the original broadcast.

EDIT: Furthermore, are you really taking the stance that it wouldn't matter if no one knew about it? ESPN doesn't want to be associated with someone who gets on TV and rants like an idiot (curiously, they still employ Lee Corso and Chris Berman). Of course no one would care if they didn't know about it... That much goes for anything that has ever happened. I mean, sure, I can understand people watching the broadcast and becoming curious about why Hank Jr is no longer singing his song (in what I will admit was a totally hilariously awesome intro), but I would assume that the average person would have to have enough sense to understand why ESPN made this decision.

Nobody cares.
2011-10-08, 9:38 PM #31
I like how you were trying to be clever there.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!