Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Topeka, Kansas decriminalized domestic violence...
Topeka, Kansas decriminalized domestic violence...
2011-10-12, 7:15 AM #1
http://civsourceonline.com/2011/10/12/topeka-ks-decriminalizes-domestic-violence/

http://www.jimchines.com/2011/10/legalizing-dv/
幻術
2011-10-12, 7:53 AM #2
phew FINALLY
2011-10-12, 9:58 AM #3
Topeka, Kansas to become surrogate "Gauntlet" for all national Ivy-League schools.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-10-12, 10:46 AM #4
When will the US government intervene to stop these human rights abuses. (If the US government can go bomb another country because of things happening in their internal affairs, it should be able to stop things like this)
2011-10-12, 12:55 PM #5
States rights are far more important to the US govt then other nations because states can vote.
2011-10-12, 2:34 PM #6
unconstitutional because it unreasonably creates a preference for domestic over foreign violence
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-10-12, 3:38 PM #7
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
unconstitutional

Sadly a lot of things the government do are just that.
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2011-10-12, 3:58 PM #8
Maybe, but that was a joke. A play on the word "domestic."
2011-10-12, 4:35 PM #9
Dumpy is as dumpy does...

A friend once told me that
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2011-10-12, 6:24 PM #10
Darth_Xasthur is no one's friend.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-12, 9:48 PM #11
heard about this. I get the dilemma, but they just went ahead and put a lot of people in potentially a really bad situation.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2011-10-12, 10:06 PM #12
Why on earth would this be the thing they choose to go after to balance a budget!? Why not stop prosecuting pot users/possession... things...?
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-10-13, 1:00 AM #13
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
Why on earth would this be the thing they choose to go after to balance a budget!? Why not stop prosecuting pot users/possession... things...?

As I understand the situation, it started with a broader decision not to prosecute misdemeanors. Domestic violence wasn't singled out, and not all domestic violence was included, either. Cases of felony domestic violence (involving serious bodily harm and such) are still going to be prosecuted in Topeka.

The whole thing is a dumb city/county jurisdictional pissing contest. Fortunately or unfortunately, the city's dumb brinkmanship worked, and earlier tonight the county decided to start prosecuting these cases again.

↑ Up to the top!