Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So, a bit of a situation.
So, a bit of a situation.
2011-10-12, 10:35 AM #1
Background: I am married. My wife has a sister who is also married and has a two year old child. There was a birthday party for him this past sunday.

Story:
3 weeks ago my mother contracted MRSA, an antibiotic resistant staph infection characterized by open sores.MRSA is deadly for anyone, but especially to people with weak immune systems such as small children and the elderly. My sister-in-law tells me that my family (mother, father, sister) is uninvited to the party. I say, okay, my mother was planning on not coming anyway, but that she should talk to them about it. Sister-in-law agrees, and says she'll call them.

Two weeks later, doctors say my mother is healing nicely, and is no longer contagious, unless someone comes in direct contact with the sores. This days also happens to be my sister's birthday, and sister-in-law calls her to say happy birthday. In this same phone call, she says sorry you cant come to the party this sunday, to which my sister replied "what do you mean?"

she had never been told she was uninvited. big hooplah blah blah blah, my family angry with sister-in-law for uninviting people who were never sick. (personally, i think it wouldnt have been as big of a deal had sister-in-law actually talked to them two weeks earlier rather than 4 days before the party.) whatever they get over it.

They asked me to come get the birthday present for the child, (which was received in the mail and never handled by the infected person) and bring it over. I did so.

Now my wife and her sister are mad at me for doing this because i "risked the life of her child," by going to the house of a non-contagious person and bringing an item which made no contact with said person in the first place, to the home of a child.

tl;dr:

Paranoid mother and her sister upset with me for bringing an item that has a small chance of having germs on it into her house.

Is what i did wrong? Am I justified in defending my actions?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2011-10-12, 10:45 AM #2
Just slap all those hysterical woman in the face and be done with it.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2011-10-12, 10:51 AM #3
People with mild germaphobia often don't see themselves as germaphobic, and think you are insane for not thinking how they do.
In this particular case I can see why there's weight added to their fears.
From what I can see you are justified in defending your actions, but your still not going to get anywhere.
If you're really determined to have a good argument on your side, consult a doctor or something about this, but even in the face of medical advice you're still not going to win.

I think you're just going to have to put up with their scorn. When kids are involved your logic is futile.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-10-12, 10:57 AM #4
Eat it.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-10-12, 1:43 PM #5
That is pretty stupid. You're fine.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-10-12, 1:47 PM #6
this story needs more names, fake or otherwise, and less characters alternately referred to with varying relationships: mother, daughter, sister, sister in law, etc.
2011-10-12, 2:04 PM #7
They're being ridiculous.

Originally posted by saberopus:
this story needs more names, fake or otherwise, and less characters alternately referred to with varying relationships: mother, daughter, sister, sister in law, etc.

Seriously. Trying to keep everyone straight gave me bar exam flashbacks.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-10-12, 4:29 PM #8
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
Just slap all those hysterical woman in the face and be done with it.

Yeah, shouldn't they be churning butter in the back by the outhouse? What are they doing making decisions, arnt you the man or arnt you?

Here is a tip from Bing Crosby about how to handle a situation which may require force...

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICMF4otLW2s
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "

↑ Up to the top!