Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Lions and tigers and bears!
Lions and tigers and bears!
2011-10-19, 12:10 PM #1
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2011/1019/Escaped-wild-animals-hunted-in-Zanesville-Ohio

Lock and load, Ohiosassians!
>>untie shoes
2011-10-19, 12:22 PM #2
Oh my!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-10-19, 4:11 PM #3
Not a hunter, but i'll keep my eye out. :P Not that i'm in any particular danger since i'm 130ish miles away
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2011-10-19, 7:25 PM #4
I think they should have been left to wander about. Nothing spices up everyday activities like getting the mail or mowing the lawn like tigers.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-10-19, 7:32 PM #5
(double, delete pls)
2011-10-19, 7:38 PM #6
Or at least population control...
2011-10-19, 7:45 PM #7
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
I think they should have been left to wander about. Nothing spices up everyday activities like getting the mail or mowing the lawn like tigers.

Some dude set a bunch of mountain lions loose around here about 10 years ago. They estimate that this area now has a few dozen of them roaming around. They kill farm animals all the time. I love being surrounded by the worst kind of rednecks: The kind who think they're not rednecks.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-19, 7:56 PM #8
Why are they killing them instead of using tranqs?

o.0
2011-10-19, 8:32 PM #9
night, rain.
Time effect from tranq. Animals passing out randomly in unknown places is bad. Also..limited tranq guns. do not bother read any news articles about this before asking questions or anything.
Nine animals were tranqed.
2011-10-19, 8:52 PM #10
The last report I heard on the news here was that only a grey wolf and a monkey were still on the loose. Imagine if they teamed up :) Hehe, I can just picture the monkey riding the wolf around
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2011-10-19, 8:58 PM #11
Originally posted by Antony:
Some dude set a bunch of mountain lions loose around here about 10 years ago. They estimate that this area now has a few dozen of them roaming around. They kill farm animals all the time. I love being surrounded by the worst kind of rednecks: The kind who think they're not rednecks.

This just reminds me of that one episode of Weeds.

Originally posted by JediNeo:
The last report I heard on the news here was that only a grey wolf and a monkey were still on the loose. Imagine if they teamed up :) Hehe, I can just picture the monkey riding the wolf around

Last I heard, all animals were accounted for. The monkey thought to be missing was eaten by one of the big cats.
2011-10-19, 9:04 PM #12
:(
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2011-10-19, 9:17 PM #13
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
The monkey thought to be missing was eaten by one of the big cats.

I have no idea why, but I find this extremely funny.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-19, 9:36 PM #14
I feel exactly the same way. I guess because you'd think the possibility would have occurred to the police sooner.
2011-10-19, 9:56 PM #15
I imagine the thought process of said monkey to be as such:

Step 1: Man, being stuck in this cage sucks.
Step 2: Man, being free is awesome.
Step 3: Man, I wish that cage was around to stop this lion from eating me.
>>untie shoes
2011-10-19, 10:05 PM #16
well formulated, Bill! ;)

↑ Up to the top!