Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → NASA is recruiting new astronaut candidates
NASA is recruiting new astronaut candidates
2011-11-16, 5:41 AM #1
Since I'm not allowed to apply (damn you UK citizenship!), I thought I'd pass this along

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2011/nov/HQ_11-385_Astro_Apps.html
http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/302967000
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2011-11-16, 5:59 AM #2
Cool, but... Are they planning on making space babies and this is why they are looking for people with kidengraden teaching experience?
幻術
2011-11-16, 6:23 AM #3
Originally posted by Koobie:
Cool, but... Are they planning on making space babies and this is why they are looking for people with kidengraden teaching experience?

I agree, school teachers are only useful for performing biological functions.
2011-11-16, 6:44 AM #4
Wish my eyes weren't worse than 20/400
2011-11-16, 7:04 AM #5
Originally posted by Jon`C:

I'm not sure why it's useful to have two socially inept people having children.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2011-11-16, 7:31 AM #6
Quote:
Those selected will be among the first to pioneer a new generation of commercial launch vehicles and travel aboard a new heavy-lift rocket to distant destinations in deep space.

Why does it bother me that they don't say anything about the return trip..........
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2011-11-16, 8:17 AM #7
Quote:
Those selected will be among the first to pioneer a new generation of commercial launch vehicles and travel aboard a new heavy-lift rocket to distant destinations in deep space.

Sounds like a one-way trip. Sign me up.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-11-16, 8:33 AM #8
Probably because the last teacher they put in a spaceship didn't really come back.
nope.
2011-11-16, 8:55 AM #9
i see what you did there
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2011-11-16, 9:17 AM #10
ouch.

Also, I find this a bit laughable:
"For 50 years, American astronauts have led the exploration of our solar system," NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said. "Today we are getting a glimpse of why that will remain true for the next half-century. Make no mistake about it, human space flight is alive and well at NASA."

The likelihood of NASA being the world leader on space exploration in 2060 seems pretty minimal to me, what with the general apathy that seems to aimed at it
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2011-11-16, 9:25 AM #11
Originally posted by Jon`C:

FINALLY! Jon'C agrees with someone ELSE for a change! :rolleyes:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob

↑ Up to the top!