Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is Good bye
This is Good bye
2011-12-04, 12:41 PM #1
So you guys have actually done it. You have officially scared me off and I am leaving.

JK.

Actually I am going down to Brazil to serve a mission and will have very little time online. It will be for two years, and then I will be back. Anyone interested in following what I am doing and how things go, I will probably have a blog or something that my parents will post my emails on and will post a link. Not 100% sure how that will work out yet.

Anyway, I wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome that I received (once I was past CM's suspicion :P) and just for the way you guys are. You are awesome, and I will be back in 2 years.

Cr0wb4r

ps. I don't leave for a few more days so I should still be around, I just wanted to give a heads up a few days in advance.
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2011-12-04, 12:44 PM #2
wonder how many will even be left in two years...if any...

anyway, good luck, wear sunblock! tanning is very bad for you!
2011-12-04, 12:49 PM #3
Originally posted by Couchman:
wonder how many will even be left in two years...if any...

anyway, good luck, wear sunblock! tanning is very bad for you!

Heh, the fact that this site is still up and strong as it is kinda tells me that it will take a nuclear war/winter and a few really strong electromagnets to even slow this site down.
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2011-12-04, 12:51 PM #4
Serving a LDS mission? I did one in California for two years as well, and I left a post just like this one back then. Haha, good times.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2011-12-04, 1:21 PM #5
What sort of mission is this anyway?
2011-12-04, 1:23 PM #6
a suicide mission
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-12-04, 1:55 PM #7
tracer why are you so gross
2011-12-04, 1:57 PM #8
Good luck.

On a random related note, they opened this fancy Mormon church 'round here 5 years ago or so and I went to see what it was like when they had an "open weekend" or something before they closed it from non-Mormons for 25 years or so. It really looked like America the Church, I've got to say. Also, people there spoke flawless Finnish and it turns out 95% of them were American anyhow. Bizarre!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-12-04, 2:38 PM #9
Originally posted by Cool Matty:

The kind where you go around proselytizing and annoying people.

Anyway.. good luck. Maybe you'll learn why most people would prefer you just live and let live.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2011-12-04, 4:32 PM #10
Wait, for real? It's one of those Jehova's Witness folks? I always felt so sorry for those kids, being subjected and forced into what is basically child/young adult slave labor.
2011-12-04, 4:58 PM #11
Be sure to buy bedding, they never include that in the itinerary which leads you to believe it's covered. It isn't.
Good luck! See you in 2 years.
My blawgh.
2011-12-04, 4:59 PM #12
lol
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2011-12-04, 6:19 PM #13

"Honey, you got real ugly."
2011-12-04, 6:54 PM #14
Wait, for real? It's one of those Jehova's Witness folks? I always felt so sorry for those kids, being subjected and forced into what is basically child/young adult slave labor.

No, I am a member of the church of Jesus Christ of later day saints. Rather different. :P

And this is why I love you guys at massassi. Some good advice some humor and some totally off the wall pictures/videos that I never expected. Its great! Tracer, loved that reference. :D

Phantom-Seraph, what do you mean by bedding? I have sheets covered but if you are talking blankets then I will have to grab a few. Oh and I found out that my dad had a copy of that book you recommended so I have that covered too.
2011-12-04, 7:10 PM #15
Strange, I posted this and now it is not showing up........ Sorry if there is a double post.

If you want the URL for my site send me a pm as soon as you can. Things are going to get really busy REALLY fast (no hurry, no pressure, right?)
2011-12-04, 8:09 PM #16
Try not to get pickpocketed. :D
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-12-04, 8:27 PM #17
There's no reason for the URL not to show up. Make sure you posted it. Use the URL button if you have to.
2011-12-05, 4:25 AM #18
They have mormons outside of America?
nope.
2011-12-05, 6:19 AM #19
http://www.missionsite.net/main.php?siteaddress=elderjamesgledhill

That's it. It is still in the rough works but I will have it finished by the 13th. Oh and BTW, I am using a free service so any comments about bad site design are being directed at the wrong person. It is just a simple service for my parents to use. :P
2011-12-05, 1:08 PM #20
Okay, so if it's not Jevoha crap, what are you going to be doing there?
2011-12-05, 1:39 PM #21
@CM
Mostly Service. I will be there to help people out.

Quote:
Try not to get pickpocketed. :D

Yeah, from what I hear the buses are one of the most likely places for that to happen because they are so crowded.
2011-12-05, 2:08 PM #22
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!