Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Alan Wake coming to PC
Alan Wake coming to PC
2011-12-14, 4:06 PM #1
Probably nobody here cares, but just in case:

Originally posted by Remedy:
Remedy Entertainment is proud to announce the PC release of Alan Wake. Coming in early 2012, the game will give PC gamers the Alan Wake experience they have been patiently waiting for. Remedy is a developer with deep roots in the PC space (Death Rally and Max Payne 1 and 2), so the game will have the high resolution polish that longtime fans will expect.

The PC version of the game will also include The Signal and The Writer downloadable content.

Alan Wake tells the story of a best-selling writer suffering from writer’s block. He goes on vacation to the small town of Bright Falls with his wife, Alice, to gain back his creative flow. Shortly upon arrival, Wake finds himself trapped in a nightmare when his wife mysteriously goes missing. He keeps finding pages of a manuscript he apparently wrote, but can’t remember writing. The manuscript is coming true. An involving psychological action thriller, Alan Wake raises the bar in storytelling and creating a suspenseful cinematic experience.

To get a sneak peak at Alan Wake for PC, please check out the first screenshot:

http://www.sandboxstrat.com/Alan_Wake_PC_Screen.zip (2MB)

Release window sound familiar? That’s because Alan Wake’s American Nightmare for Xbox Live Arcade will also be available in the first quarter of 2012! For more information and updates, please visit Facebook www.facebook.com/alanwake and Twitter @Remedygames.

Source
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2011-12-14, 4:52 PM #2
I loved that game. Though I don't see any reason to get it for PC since I already own a console version. Unless someone mods it like they did with Max Payne2.
My blawgh.
2011-12-14, 5:08 PM #3
I am ****ing not
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-12-14, 11:45 PM #4
Huh, I've conveniently missed the possible Internet debates on if it's a good game or not.

Maybe I'll check it out.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-12-15, 3:36 PM #5
From what I gather it will be released on Steam.

It's great. Loved it on the 360. The story is really good and just begs for a sequel.

I'd describe it as Twin Peaks meets Stephen King.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare is a spin-off that will be released on XBLA in Q1 2012... it's not an arcade game though... it's going to have the same gameplay as the original. Remedy is really pushing the limits of XBLA games.

The reason why a lot of people lost interest in this is that it was in development for 5 years... originally it was going to be an open world game for PC and they had to abandon the open world idea in favour of storytelling, and Microsoft decided to go for a 360 exclusive. Lots of Remedy fans felt let down by this, but now it looks like Remedy is publishing it themselves for PC. Better late then never, I guess.
2011-12-16, 9:22 AM #6
Alan Wake is so very good.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-12-16, 9:35 AM #7
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
The reason why a lot of people lost interest in this is that it was in development for 5 years...

Isn't Remedy kind of known for ridiculously long and delayed development times?
>>untie shoes
2011-12-16, 9:47 AM #8
Loved it. To me it was like Twin Peaks with a little X-Files thrown in. I'd almost be tempted to pick up the PC version just to see it running at a really high resolution and to have an excuse to play it again.
2011-12-16, 1:31 PM #9
Twin peaks? Cool.
X-Files? Sold a 100 times over.
2011-12-16, 1:53 PM #10
There are definitely blatant nods to Twin Peaks in it. I don't know that it has any direct X-Files references in it or anything like that, but it just kinda feels kinda like that to me. I can also see the comparisons to Stephen King stuff as well.
2011-12-16, 2:15 PM #11
Yeah, the Twin Peaks homages in it are really cool, and didn't bother me at all. It's not like it's a Twin Peaks rip-off in its entirety. The freaking atmosphere of that game... it's just gorgeous.
2011-12-16, 8:31 PM #12
This is, excuse me, a damn fine cup of coffee.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-12-17, 2:26 AM #13
I look forward to playing it even though I'll miss every single Twin Peaks reference/homage/ripoff in the game.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-12-17, 2:43 PM #14
What the hell is Twin Peaks (besides a WoW PVP map?)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2011-12-17, 2:54 PM #15
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=twin+peaks
>>untie shoes
2011-12-17, 4:35 PM #16
Only one of the best TV series ever.

My personal favourite, to be honest.

↑ Up to the top!