Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Prometheus Trailer
Prometheus Trailer
2011-12-22, 12:45 PM #1
I'm not sure if you guys are as excited about this as I am, but anywayz: Alien prequel FYI.

I suppose it is merely a teaser, but y'know.
2011-12-22, 12:50 PM #2
Also for aggregation: other cool new(ish) movie trailers possibly of interest:

I mean if you like sci fi or fantasy stuff or these things. i like having movies to look forward to and 2012'll be pretty good to me looks like
2011-12-22, 1:33 PM #3
My thoughts on the bunch:

Hmmm Avengers was the only one I watched twice. So I guess thats what I'm most pumped for.

The Hobbit looks good. I think I'm going to end up wishing that Peter Jackson had done this movie first.

Prometheus looks like its going to make the mistake of a prequel having better technology than the original. Although maybe there is a good explanation like Government funded project vs Mining Company funded project. I wonder how Prometheus will handle the 'Predator' angle.

The Dark Knight Rises didnt do much to excite me. I don't like how they are billing it as the end, is there really no room for a 'Dark Knight Returns' movie in a few years?
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2011-12-22, 1:54 PM #4
I kinda thought the same thing about the "Government Funded/Military" angle re: Prometheus. It would make sense, and I haven't watched and recent Ridley Scott films, but he doesn't strike me as someone who would push for glitz and glam just because it's possible. Also, I imagine he has enough industry cred to not knuckle under to demands of that nature. I don't think it'll really address Predators, I hooooooope.

I sorta agree about the Dark Knight Rises trailer as well. It just kinda hits a 'somber' note the whole way through, despite the title. Bane intrigues me, but other than that, nothing really caught me as promising something really interesting. I still kinda think it will be, though.
2011-12-22, 2:19 PM #5
I thought he said that Prometheus isn't an Alien prequel now, it just happens in the same universe?
nope.
2011-12-22, 2:31 PM #6
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I thought he said that Prometheus isn't an Alien prequel now, it just happens in the same universe?
Same difference. I'd technically consider the AvP movies 'prequels' in any case, and it's best that they don't reuse any of the same characters/etc. anyway. From what I can tell, it's still going to involve aliens in at least some small way, just likely with more a focus on other stuff, which is fine by me.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-12-22, 3:02 PM #7
where is x-files 2012 plZ
2011-12-22, 3:07 PM #8
Something that irks me about it... Fullclear masks. Granted its for audience. Facialexpressions andall.
2011-12-22, 3:08 PM #9
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
The Dark Knight Rises didnt do much to excite me. I don't like how they are billing it as the end, is there really no room for a 'Dark Knight Returns' movie in a few years?

Well Nolan doesn't want to make any more after this, and Bale has no interest in doing another without Nolan, so it makes sense to bill it as the end.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2011-12-22, 3:11 PM #10
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he bumped Batman off.
nope.
2011-12-22, 3:25 PM #11
Looks like next year will be another good movie year
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2011-12-22, 3:47 PM #12
Originally posted by Couchman:
where is x-files 2012 plZ

Yes, why in gods name did they make the last movie a monster of the week instead of concluding the arc.
As far as I'm concerned nothing after the end of the Project/the Syndicate ever happened.
2011-12-22, 4:04 PM #13
I've seen most of the series but I've been rewatching from Feb and I'm at the beginning of season 7, it was getting better and better but now its just getting more meh but still good
2011-12-22, 4:05 PM #14
I got as far as season 8 then it got literally too painful to continue.
2011-12-23, 9:57 AM #15
Prom. is going to r0x0r my effing world
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2011-12-23, 10:18 AM #16
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he bumped Batman off.

This is very likely.
>>untie shoes
2011-12-23, 10:20 AM #17
On the prequel note... It's got that alien ship in it that they find in Alien. Could just be 'another one' but maybe not.

And I wouldn't say AvP movies are prequels in any meaningful sense. They just use the Aliens for their own purposes, they don't really have the same themes or spirit as Alien (or even the sequels)... All they say that's meaningful to whatever canon may exist for these things is that "Aliens and Predators exist in the same universe."
2011-12-23, 10:34 AM #18
Originally posted by saberopus:
On the prequel note... It's got that alien ship in it that they find in Alien.

Yeah... that ship was called The Prometheus remember? I promise it's the very same one.
>>untie shoes
2011-12-23, 10:48 AM #19
Originally posted by saberopus:
And I wouldn't say AvP movies are prequels in any meaningful sense. They just use the Aliens for their own purposes, they don't really have the same themes or spirit as Alien (or even the sequels)... All they say that's meaningful to whatever canon may exist for these things is that "Aliens and Predators exist in the same universe."

Your probably right and there will be no mention of 'Predators'. I guess it would be simple to still deny any previous knowledge about the 'Aliens' in the Prometheus timeline since both AVP movies ended with nuclear blasts and very few survivors.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2011-12-23, 11:22 AM #20
Originally posted by Antony:
Yeah... that ship was called The Prometheus remember? I promise it's the very same one.

Ooo I forgot. Was it? Oops.
2011-12-23, 11:40 AM #21
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
Your probably right and there will be no mention of 'Predators'. I guess it would be simple to still deny any previous knowledge about the 'Aliens' in the Prometheus timeline since both AVP movies ended with nuclear blasts and very few survivors.

It's probably a fair bet that Sir Ridley disregards the AVP movies. I wouldn't bet on seeing any tie ins.
>>untie shoes
2011-12-23, 12:49 PM #22
Yeah, the AvP movies don't really exist to me.

They were OKAY at best.

I still have a ***er for this trailer

XD :neckbeard:
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2011-12-23, 1:05 PM #23
A BONER?
2011-12-23, 1:06 PM #24
an erection
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-12-23, 10:25 PM #25
I was shocked to see a 'Ghost Rider 2' trailer today, shocked they actually made a sequel since I thought the first one bombed in the box office.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2011-12-23, 10:50 PM #26
It did bomb at the box office, but it apparently did alright on video... and the sequel is directed by the nutjobs who do the Crank movies. According to what I've read, they actually approached the studio begging to direct a sequel, and someone at the studio basically said "**** it, what's the worst that could happen?"
>>untie shoes
2011-12-24, 5:30 PM #27
This.

[url]www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgzeOdGwLoQ&t=1m45s[/url]
nope.

↑ Up to the top!