Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → He went.
He went.
2012-01-10, 3:17 PM #41
Originally posted by Jon`C:
You're not doing a great job selling democracy to the world, guys.

I don't know what you're talking about. We gave democracy to both Afghanistan and Iraq. We FREED them!
2012-01-10, 3:37 PM #42
The OP is pretty awkward, I don't really get it. The thread title is kinda melodramatic, and the lack of text or explanation in the post makes me think this is supposed to be profound or something. Even if you think this is relevant information, worth discussing, why present it in this way o.O. I just really don't get it.
2012-01-10, 3:47 PM #43
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Yup. Hanging out on a military base when you could be making bank in private practice is one hell of a vacation. Sure, he's not the worst thing in the world, but it's non trivial.
After overhead, ob/gyns make a median of $30.77 an hour.

"Mad bank."
2012-01-10, 8:48 PM #44
Originally posted by JM:
But how do we get there and still have freedom of speech?

That's not really a thing we depend on the Republican Party for.

I suppose by "we" I mean non-corporations.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-01-10, 9:02 PM #45
I don't know about you, MacFarlane, but I understand that the Republican Party loves freedom a hell of a lot more than the Democrats do... As long as.. you know... it's a freedom they think you should have, otherwise what are you a ****ing terrorist or something? Why don't you just move to Iraq and get it over with?

EDIT: But seriously... now the NH vote is 95% reporting and Rick Perry has less than 1% of the total vote. It's time for you to take him back and apologize to the rest of us.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-10, 10:56 PM #46
I agree with the eater of fluffies
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2012-01-11, 11:07 AM #47
After overhead, ob/gyns make a median of $30.77 an hour.

"Mad bank."

So... somewhere in the region of 200K$ a year? That's still a better than on O-3 in the Air Force by quite a bit. But we're talking about fifty years ago when overhead wasn't so bad.

http://www.milliondollarjourney.com/doctor-salaries-not-as-high-as-you-think.htm

I'm not saying it was some kind of amazingly wonderful thing, but it was still a bit of a sacrifice on his part.
2012-01-11, 12:51 PM #48
For an air force surgeon? lol if you think they make normal officer pay. ~100k, full benefits, room and board, and I'm willing to bet they don't have to work 80 hours a week. That's a ****ing vacation.
2012-01-11, 1:14 PM #49
No one makes only base pay.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-11, 3:08 PM #50
Originally posted by Jarl:
I'm not much one for disliking people because of political disagreements, and I'll admit I don't spend as much time here as I should, but do we historically disagree on a lot of things?

-I mean, I also like Star Wars, and Transformers, but dislike the Star Wars Transformers, maybe we've got some other common ground?

...you have a point sir! i just tend to assume i disagree with everybody in political discussions. :D
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-01-11, 4:06 PM #51
sounds like a complex, man
2012-01-11, 5:25 PM #52
I agree with the eater of fluffies
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2012-01-11, 8:42 PM #53
For an air force surgeon? lol if you think they make normal officer pay. ~100k, full benefits, room and board, and I'm willing to bet they don't have to work 80 hours a week. That's a ****ing vacation.

Don't spend much time on military bases, huh?
2012-01-11, 9:47 PM #54
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Don't spend much time on military bases, huh?
Don't spend much time in hospitals, huh?
2012-01-11, 10:04 PM #55
Oh I like it when we do that thing where we say almost the same thing as someone else, but change up one or two words to make it sound mocking. It's one of my favorites. Please do this more often.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-11, 10:49 PM #56
Oh I like it when we do that dance where we kick almost the same thing as someone else, but change up one or two moves to make it sound mocking. It's one of my favorites. Please do this more often.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2012-01-11, 10:50 PM #57
Is that the thing where you kick almost at my nuts and then I kick you directly in the nuts? Because that's what's going to happen, spook.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-11, 10:55 PM #58
kicking is dancing you dweeb

get with the times man
2012-01-11, 11:04 PM #59
I'm terrible at dancing, so like everything else I'm terrible at, I pretend that dancing does not exist, and I only mock and chastize those who actually do it.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-12, 7:26 AM #60
lol hipster
2012-01-12, 8:14 AM #61
Being a bad dancer is half the fun of dancing
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-01-12, 8:14 AM #62
or something
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-01-12, 9:19 AM #63
Originally posted by Spook:
lol hipster

If I was a hipster, and terrible and dancing, I would dance ironically.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-12, 9:29 AM #64
Originally posted by saberopus:
The OP is pretty awkward, I don't really get it. The thread title is kinda melodramatic, and the lack of text or explanation in the post makes me think this is supposed to be profound or something. Even if you think this is relevant information, worth discussing, why present it in this way o.O. I just really don't get it.

I was thinking the same thing. What gives, JM?
2012-01-12, 4:41 PM #65
right
幻術
2012-01-12, 7:53 PM #66
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. What gives, JM?

If you didn't already know the reference, you don't care enough to keep track of what's going on in your country. If you did already know the reference, you've already formed an opinion on it. What gives is, keeping you aware that Ron Paul is awesome.
2012-01-12, 8:19 PM #67
Remember, JM is a postal worker. He's a unionized government employee.

If Ron Paul had his way JM would be one of the first people in the unemployment line. Not literally, of course: if Ron Paul had his way there also wouldn't be unemployment lines.
2012-01-13, 4:01 AM #68

If Ron Paul had his way JM would be one of the first people in the unemployment line. Not literally, of course: if Ron Paul had his way there also wouldn't be unemployment lines.

Jobs for everyone!
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-01-13, 11:33 AM #69
Originally posted by JM:
If you didn't already know the reference, you don't care enough to keep track of what's going on in your country. If you did already know the reference, you've already formed an opinion on it. What gives is, keeping you aware that Ron Paul is awesome.

Why don't you go ahead and tell what the thing is that I've been careless enough to keep not track of, because I have a feeling there might be some disagreement on just how good an indicator it is of how well-informed someone is :P
2012-01-13, 2:14 PM #70
Quote:

No, sorry. The postal service is not a government agency. I don't work for the government. Also, Ron Paul is a constitutionalist. The constitution mandates that a postal service of some kind exists, and that it's under the power of congress. So as president, Ron Paul would have less power over it than he does now. Also, Ron Paul has opposed Darrel Issa on almost every postal-related bill Issa has introduced, showing that he supports allowing the postal service to run as a private corporation rather than allowing congress to criple it as it does now. Also, Ron Paul is not against unemployment benefits. He's against federal unemployment benefits; yet he's said that, like all welfare, they couldn't be done away with until the free market has restored the economy.

So basically everything you said is the opposite of the truth except for me working for the post office.
2012-01-13, 3:04 PM #71
Originally posted by JM:

"The reference" is a single two-word line in one of about a million primary debates, uttered by a fringe candidate the peak of whose campaign has already come and gone, in response to something another thoroughly unelectable candidate said, on the subject of a life experience that's not terribly meaningful in the context of the broader campaign.
2012-01-13, 3:10 PM #72
Originally posted by JM:
The constitution mandates that a postal service of some kind exists

And I suppose if the constitution mandated that our computers always use vacuum tubes that would be an ideal to aspire to as well?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-01-13, 8:46 PM #73
No. I did not imply that the constitution was an ideal to aspire to. I said that Ron Paul is a constitutionalist, and the constitution mandates a postal service. Therefore, Ron Paul supports the postal service. Any conclusions about the value of constitutional mandates are your own.
2012-01-13, 9:50 PM #74
You seriously think that politicians that claim to be constitutionalists agree with the entire constitution? Because lots of people in the Republican party have been claiming to be supporters of the constitution while simultaneously rallying against things that the constitution itself grants.

So yeah, just because a politician says they are something, doesn't mean they actually ARE that thing.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2012-01-14, 3:25 AM #75
The problem with the so-called "constitutionalists" (including Ron Paul) is that they're more interested in what they think the constitution says, with little interest in the intent of those that authored it. These people are the same type of dangerous as religious fundamentalists & often for the same reasons. This is why even when he's right, it's for the wrong reasons.
? :)
2012-01-14, 4:44 AM #76
I really don't see how that's different from the people who think the commerce clause gives the federal government the power to regulate everything.
2012-01-14, 6:18 AM #77
Because businesses totally would do what is right for the community and NEVER would even THINK about doing something that would have horrible effects on the community just to make some money...

/sarcasm
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2012-01-14, 6:49 AM #78
No kidding.

People forget that the legally-mandated aim of corporations is to siphon wealth from everywhere on earth to shareholders using nearly any means possible.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-01-14, 9:00 AM #79
Originally posted by JM:
I really don't see how that's different from the people who think the commerce clause gives the federal government the power to regulate everything.

No one thinks this. Everyone acknowledges there are limits.
2012-01-14, 12:25 PM #80
Don't spend much time in hospitals, huh?

You don't live in them. Well, unless you are a surgeon.

↑ Up to the top!