Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → who else does this? video game related
who else does this? video game related
2012-01-10, 4:32 PM #1
I tend to do this a lot. I call it a moment of the oh $hit **** its. You're in the middle of a menu , well any menu not just a game, and accidentally hit a couple wrong buttons and then panic and press back, but by that time back doesn't mean go back in the menu but erase your last hour of effort after the warning you just accepted by mistake.Yea fml. please tell me there are other idiots like i.
2012-01-10, 4:49 PM #2
nope im a pro gamer
2012-01-10, 5:54 PM #3
No, sorry.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2012-01-10, 6:04 PM #4
[http://i.imgur.com/DrX3n.jpg]
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-01-10, 7:27 PM #5
My title needs to be changed to village idiot :(

What I just did though... Instead of hitting a, I hit x, a, and instead of recent check point, that restarts mission. But playing on the hardest setting... Is annoying.
2012-01-10, 7:56 PM #6
o.O
2012-01-10, 11:43 PM #7
Sometimes I forget which games autosave and which ones don't and just sorta.. forget to save.

That sucks.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-01-10, 11:45 PM #8
I've had a few times when I've accidentally pushed quickload instead of quicksave. One time it was particularly devastating as I hadn't saved in quite some time
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2012-01-10, 11:51 PM #9
I have this chronic problem where I forget to save for extended periods of time. Any game that does not autosave by default is the bane of my existence. I'll play for hours and then the game will crash, or my pc/xbox will freeze, then I'll just stop playing the game for weeks because I don't want to re-do all of the stuff I lost.

Games that autosave can also be the bane of my existence, when I make a choice that I end up regretting deeply, and cannot backtrack through my save files to undo it. I had this problem with Skyrim right after it came out and I decided to join the Stormcloaks, then regretted it. Autosaves also totally screwed me in Fallout 3 once, while I was in Megaton for some reason and accidentally shot a resident and without thinking, instead of just loading my last save, I ducked into a house, which caused the game to autosave. My only prior save that wasn't one of the automatic variety (and therefore overwritten) was right after I had left the vault. Needless to say I was less than pleased.

My save game habits are not the best.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-11, 6:37 AM #10
I actually save too often. It's crazy. In Mass Effect I saved every time before having to do the decrypting mini-game, for example. The savegame number had gone up to 999 before I knew it... and then the game messed up the numbering, so I actually lost a few savegames because of that.

The reason I save so often is in the past I often forgot to save and ended up having to replay huge parts of the game because I died at some point.

However, in games like JO and JA, I play on the hardest difficulty, and I've developed this habit of reloading my save several times just to be able to defeat the opponent(s) several times in different ways. I'll just keep reloading until the fight looked totally epic and cinematic, haha.

But I'm never randomly hitting wrong buttons. Quickload instead of Quicksave happened once to me, I think. Ever since that happened, I've reconfigured the keys so that they're not sitting next to each other.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2012-01-11, 7:54 AM #11
I sometimes quick save too often as well... So I actually often like it when games don't allow me do that. :) I am guilty of something else, though: in single player RPGs if I say something "nasty" to someone, even if it doesn't impact the actual game in any way whatsoever, there's a high chance I will reload and speak to them again.
幻術
2012-01-11, 8:12 AM #12
How about accidentally quicksaving as your falling to your death?

Or quicksaving when you are practically dead, and having to play the next 3-5 mins of game over and over again. (this happened to me, for example, playing JK once.. Playing on hardest difficulty, I quicksaved with like 3 health. The next part, I had to go up an elevator, and at the top were like 3 or 4 enemies. I had low ammo, and nothing with splash damage. Had to kill them all without getting hit.. I must have done that 20 second section like 100 times.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-01-11, 9:09 AM #13
i had skyrim freeze on me the other day and lost... not really that much thankfully... i had a couple of places discovered that i had to rediscover and some basic loot from some random wolves and mudcrabs and also i had a one-handed skill increase and was ready to level up (i was waiting to get to a town where i could train in something first... remember if you haven't trained at all on your current level it's a good idea to consider finding a trainer and getting your 5 skill increases in before levelling up...)

now i quicksave every time i discover a place or kill anything bigger than a wolf
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-01-11, 9:15 AM #14
I just started DX3 last week and I love the fact that it keeps the last 2 autosaves
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2012-01-11, 10:31 AM #15
Something like 10 years ago I was playing JK and quicksaved as I was falling off a cliff. I watched for about half an hour as Kyle went through this roller-coaster of death and resurrection. It wasn't an intentional thing either, just me panicking and screwing it all up. A more current example of pushing the wrong button is that while playing Skyrum I keep going into my inventory menu when I'm really trying to select my Favorited items and spells from the other menu.
My blawgh.
2012-01-11, 10:51 AM #16
Originally posted by genk:
I just started DX3 last week and I love the fact that it keeps the last 2 autosaves

yep, genius, cant believe it took this long for someone to do it

↑ Up to the top!