Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → is this a "thing" now??
is this a "thing" now??
2012-01-26, 9:27 AM #1
this is probably really old news, and we may have already had a thread on it, i cant remember.
So i'm starting to notice that when i go to a website that has sponsored Ads, all the ads are from things I've recently searched or other websites that i have visited in the past day or so... Is this actually going on or am i losing it? :tinfoil:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-01-26, 9:37 AM #2
Maybe it's because Google announced they are integrating all their tracking? http://gizmodo.com/5878987/googles-broken-promise-the-end-of-dont-be-evil
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-01-26, 10:05 AM #3
There are people who still don't use adblock?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-01-26, 10:10 AM #4
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
So i'm starting to notice that when i go to a website that has sponsored Ads, all the ads are from things I've recently searched or other websites that i have visited in the past day or so... Is this actually going on or am i losing it? :tinfoil:

Nope. Not losing it.
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2012-01-26, 4:52 PM #5
Ads? On the internet? What a novel concept.
2012-01-26, 5:01 PM #6
I recently formatted my computer and after reinstalling Windows while on the web it took me about an hour to figure out what the hell had happened to all of the sites I frequent. A world without adblock is a strange world indeed.
>>untie shoes
2012-01-26, 6:13 PM #7
Originally posted by Antony:
I recently formatted my computer and after reinstalling Windows while on the web it took me about an hour to figure out what the hell had happened to all of the sites I frequent. A world without adblock is a strange world indeed.

A world without Adblock is scary. Suddenly ads, ads everywhere.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-01-26, 8:50 PM #8
IKR?

AdBlock is about the first thing I'll install on any PC, after Firefox, that is.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2012-01-27, 7:37 AM #9
I don't get what's up with all of these "Subscribe!" popovers on sites that my popup blocker never blocks. They're on every single website now adays and it used to make me click back but when it started happening on cracked I realized I couldn't possibly boycott it all of the time. Still, it's stupid as ****.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-01-27, 12:45 PM #10
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
Maybe it's because Google announced they are integrating all their tracking? http://gizmodo.com/5878987/googles-broken-promise-the-end-of-dont-be-evil

Doesn't go into effect until March 1st.
2012-01-27, 4:51 PM #11
Originally posted by Vin:
Doesn't go into effect until March 1st.

I fail at reading.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-01-27, 7:10 PM #12
Yeah, the whole tracking your likes thing is not very new. It'll just become even more egregious come March 1st.

↑ Up to the top!