Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → February 7th 2012: The day I finally saw a legit UFO.
February 7th 2012: The day I finally saw a legit UFO.
2012-02-07, 12:22 AM #1
So I'm in my room, chilling out and playing Baldurs Gate after todays misadventures when I notice outside the window an airplane. I've always been watching the skies and hoping to see something interesting, so I look closer. I notice: that it's absolutely covered in lights, moving far faster then the light planes that go over here, or the police helicopter, and the kicker- it's triangular. I got a pretty good look at it, but it was moving too damn fast for me to get a picture. I was pretty excited because I love UFOs and such, I don't actually believe aliens are wasting time poking around here for no purpose, but I still find it fascinating. Was it a plane at an odd angle? Was it some sort of drone? Who knows.

Post your personal UFO stories.
2012-02-07, 2:03 AM #2
I want to believe, but unfortunately I can't. I'm such a critic that even things I can't explain I just say "well surely there's an explanation!"

I can't really recall a time where I was convinced I saw something that couldn't be explained. I do love to look up at the sky and watch falling meteors though. The big slow ones that light up the sky and seem to fall forever, with large obvious chunks breaking away in showers of flames as they fall. So awesome.
2012-02-07, 2:18 AM #3
i saw a plane once and was unable to identify it
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-02-07, 4:43 AM #4
One night I came home late in the evening, and as I was opening the door of my apartment, a huge ball of fire shot through the sky over our flat. Before I knew it, it sort of broke up in smaller pieces and disappeared, leaving only a trail of smoke in the air. It all went so quickly, it lasted maybe two seconds or so.

The most amazing thing was the sound though. I'd never before seen an asteroid falling from a close distance, and had no idea you could actually hear it. It sounded like a fighter jet flying over real low.

It was hard to tell the altitude of the thing, as I have no idea what its size was, but it looked like it was damn low, and it certainly sounded like that, as it was a really loud roar. As far as I could tell, it ended up at max. 50 meters from the ground or so.

It's the most amazing thing I ever saw, took me completely by surprise. To this day, my dad still doesn't believe that I saw it. I called the local observatory when I got inside, but the line was occupied and I couldn't get through. The next day it said on the news that there had been a meteor shower, but there was no mention of them coming in real low or almost impacting.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2012-02-07, 5:00 AM #5
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
I want to believe, but unfortunately I can't. I'm such a critic that even things I can't explain I just say "well surely there's an explanation!"

You do realize that UFO means "Unidentified Flying Object." It does not necessarily mean something from space. Could be military or private. UFO's, I believe. Spacemen, I'm skeptical as well.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2012-02-07, 6:04 AM #6
I can't recollect any personal UFO sightings but sometimes I've just heard really odd noises that I can't really explain. About one year ago I woke up at 6 AM to something that sounded similar to (but not exactly like) rally cars driving around a circle, occasionally slowing down as if they were turning at corners. There are no race tracks nearby and no one at least admitted to organizing an early morning rally on the streets.

Then again, just one month ago I kept on waking up at random intervals in the night due to someone hitting metal somewhere in the lake nearby. It continued throughout the morning and day until I opened my window and noticed it was water dropping falling on a metal grate. Oy!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-02-07, 6:07 AM #7
What you heard was likely idiots racing around the streets illegally, they would therefore have a good reason not to admit to doing said race.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2012-02-07, 6:49 AM #8
Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
You do realize that UFO means "Unidentified Flying Object." It does not necessarily mean something from space. Could be military or private. UFO's, I believe. Spacemen, I'm skeptical as well.

Yeah dude but colloquially, when someone says UFO they mean Alien Spacecraft. I think it's probably pretty rare for someone to say UFO and mean "A Plane Or Helicopter I saw but I'm not sure what Type, It was Pretty Weird." Except here in Tibby's case! Hurrah.
2012-02-07, 7:30 AM #9
When I lived in Dayton Tennessee a few years ago I saw a fast silent object glide over the buildings outside of my bedroom window at around 10pm. Turns out it was a military helicopter they were bringing in for the strawberry festival the next day. Why I didn't hear it is a mystery, but when I saw it later it was definitely the same craft.

Also, I want to start building these so we can have more threads like these.
My blawgh.
2012-02-07, 7:31 AM #10
2012-02-07, 8:18 AM #11
Originally posted by alpha1:
What you heard was likely idiots racing around the streets illegally, they would therefore have a good reason not to admit to doing said race.

Most likely yeah, even though there wasn't anything about it on the newspapers in the following days and no one else seemed to have heard it. I even tried looking out of my window to see if I could see anything (I had a pretty clear view to the major roads of the 'village' where I used to live in). But I didn't and I never heard the sound ever again. Oh well.
2012-02-07, 8:38 AM #12
Originally posted by Cool Matty:

Dammit, cm.
>>untie shoes
2012-02-07, 10:32 AM #13
Originally posted by Cool Matty:

Yep, that's me.
2012-02-07, 8:49 PM #14
Maybe it was your mental competence flying out the window you vapid attention whore.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-02-07, 9:24 PM #15
If you wanted me to believe that you saw a UFO you should have taken out your phone and snapped a photo of it.
>>untie shoes
2012-02-07, 9:53 PM #16
maybe the aliens stole his phone
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2012-02-07, 10:02 PM #17
Yeah, but if Siri can't tell you how to avoid the ghetto, it probably can't help you find your way around the Milky Way either.
>>untie shoes
2012-02-07, 11:52 PM #18
siri, identify this flying object
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-02-08, 12:12 AM #19
siri, tear down this wall
2012-02-08, 9:18 AM #20
This wall, the wall separating your artificial intelligence from physicality. Siri...
Marry Me.
2012-02-09, 12:59 PM #21
Cough.
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc&feature=digest_thu
My blawgh.

↑ Up to the top!