Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → GAME not stocking Mass Effect 3
GAME not stocking Mass Effect 3
2012-02-29, 8:09 AM #1
I received an email a little while ago from gamestation (owned by GAME) informing me that my pre-order for the Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition had been cancelled as they were unable to fulfill the order. Now at first I thought maybe they'd just ran out of stock and didn't have a copy to allocate to me, but then I saw this link on another forum: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/29/game-not-stocking-mass-effect-3/

Seems to be that GAME are in such financial trouble they were unable to get credit to buy the ME3 stock in the first place. They also won't be stocking any other EA titles throughout March, and I've just read that they aren't going to be stocking Mario Party 9 either so it looks like it'll be affecting several titles.

Luckily EA gave the Collector's Edition copies to several other retailers so I managed to swap my pre-order over to Play.com. Hopefully I won't get an email from them telling me they've cancelled my order due to stock shortages, since Zavvi and shopto were out of stock when I checked their sites. I did notice about half an hour after I placed my order with Play that they took the Xbox 360 option down so I'm hoping I got mine done in plenty of time.
2012-02-29, 9:41 AM #2
That sucks about your pre-order. It seems a bit counter-intuitive that the company passing on such a big game would be a positive for them. They must really be on the rocks.

I just got the digital pre-order.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2012-02-29, 10:26 AM #3
I hope they don't go under, they're the only high street retailer left if you count them and Gamestation as the same thing.
nope.
2012-02-29, 10:36 AM #4
I pre-ordered through Origin. I'm fairly sure I'll get it using that method.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!