Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Server Move: IF YOU SEE THIS EDIT, YOU'RE ON THE NEW SERVER
Server Move: IF YOU SEE THIS EDIT, YOU'RE ON THE NEW SERVER
2012-03-10, 9:54 AM #1
Massassi (as well as all the sites I am hosting, for those of you who still have hosting with me) will be moving to a new VPS, and out of the current dedicated server. The new server should have more than adequate performance (we are heavily underutilizing the dedicated server right now), better overall reliability, and will eventually simplify backups.

And I won't lie, it's going to save me a great chunk of money each month as well. :ninja:

The move will be taking place on Monday, March 12, late at night. I can't give a specific time, since it's a matter of how long it takes me to get the preparations before I take down the server.

Those of you who have hosting with me should have received an email with more details. Please read this email, as there are instructions for you (regarding nameservers) that must be performed when the move occurs. If you have not received the email, please contact me, with your username and website URL (webmaster@sorrowind.net)!

Expected downtime will be quite large, as there will be an IP change (DNS propagation), significant data transfer (~60GB), and more. However, I expect most sites to be back online by Tuesday night, assuming they have followed the instructions.
2012-03-10, 10:14 AM #2
OLD MASSASSI NEVER HAD NETSPLITZ
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2012-03-11, 12:00 AM #3
Originally posted by landfish:
OLD MASSASSI NEVER HAD NETSPLITZ

Dammit! I rushed in here to say that.

Seriously though:
Cool Matty what you do for Massassi is above and beyond the call of duty, I am 100% behind you saving a few bucks
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2012-03-12, 3:01 PM #4
Wow, that might have been the fastest DNS transfer I've seen. It was almost seamless.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-03-13, 6:53 AM #5
Now we need to get the HUB back up and running lol.
Anyone heard anything?
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2012-03-13, 7:07 AM #6
Originally posted by Zero_Raven:
Now we need to get the HUB back up and running lol.
Anyone heard anything?

It's all on the domain owner. The site was moved like at 6PM last night.
2012-03-13, 7:27 AM #7
Yeah and when I go to the hub it says its been moved but wont let me access the JKHUB.net

THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2012-03-13, 7:53 AM #8
...I went back here to enjoy the waiting music, and we've already moved!
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2012-03-13, 2:16 PM #9
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
It's all on the domain owner. The site was moved like at 6PM last night.

Who is the domain owner for JKHUB.net? Please dont say Zeqmacaw. Anyway is there an alternate way to access the files?
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-03-13, 2:21 PM #10
I think Giraffe also had "file access" or whatever there.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-03-13, 3:35 PM #11
Sean Travis is the owner.

Whoever that is. :/

I, of course, have full access to the site and files, its just a matter of getting the domain name back.
2012-03-13, 3:49 PM #12
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Sean Travis is the owner.

Whoever that is. :/

I, of course, have full access to the site and files, its just a matter of getting the domain name back.

Ah, yeah I'm betting JKHUB.net is gonna be offline for a long time then.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-03-13, 6:49 PM #13
Such a shame it really is. The hub was just that, A hub.
I had many files stored and so many resources there. I hope its back up SOON
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2012-03-13, 8:32 PM #14
Did the server move for you too, baby?
2012-03-13, 9:42 PM #15
If it's not up in a couple of days, I will change the domain name to a subdomain of massassi, like TACC.
2012-03-13, 11:32 PM #16
aahh. no wonder the hub has been down. Well sweet, and if it saves you money then its all good.
2012-03-14, 5:13 PM #17
Matty I know Im a pain. Please get the HUB up if you can?
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2012-03-14, 5:38 PM #18
Where is the edit?! OH GOD I CAN'T SEE!
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2012-03-15, 11:42 AM #19
Heh, I was wondering why JK Hub wasn't working. Silly me, should have known.
2012-03-15, 5:46 PM #20
Originally posted by Zero_Raven:
Matty I know Im a pain. Please get the HUB up if you can?

Yes please Im with Zero, I have much more plans with the HUB right now and Im in the middle of a project as well, and Zero is definetly counting on the HUB more than anyone, my God its POTF! its the greatest project so far. (almost as good as TODOA) Me and Zero are begging you as well as the current active members of the JKHUB are in your mercy. Much is appreciated.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2012-03-15, 6:11 PM #21
I second the above post! :(
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-03-15, 7:19 PM #22
http://jkhub.massassi.net/

I have now moved it. On such chance that Zeq actually changes the DNS info for JKHub, this address will redirect to it, so it will always work.
2012-03-15, 8:41 PM #23
A Huge Thanks to you Cool Matty for your efforts, I as well as Zero, Alran and the others were counting on this to stay alive for awhile longer despite the age of JK and Mots. Our endeavors of this program mean alot to us despite the antiquity of this great game.
Thanks CM.
2012-03-15, 9:36 PM #24
Thanks!!!

<3 JK Hub
2012-03-15, 10:42 PM #25
Thanks for keeping this site up far past the point it made any logical sense to keep it up, we've got a cool community going here.
2012-03-17, 9:45 AM #26
Very muchly thanklies! We are saved!
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2012-03-17, 11:11 PM #27
If you can CM is there a way that you can patch up the accessibility of the 'Project manager' section I cannot access it yet, it brings me to my browser part where it says: cannot connect. Much is appreciated.
2012-03-18, 12:45 AM #28
Now that the files are accessible again I guess someone could dig up Giraffe.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-03-19, 7:36 PM #29
To all the Hubbers here, my apologies. The Hub really isn't near the top of my priorities at the best of times, and I'm currently organising a move from Australia to the UK, so... yeah. Not the best time for me to need to pay attention ;)

↑ Up to the top!