Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → GameSpot, the Gaming Industry's Fox News.
GameSpot, the Gaming Industry's Fox News.
2012-03-20, 7:45 AM #41
r u tryin to make a point or sumpin, koobs ;)
2012-03-20, 7:50 AM #42
I just think that I can write a better article on the topic... Otherwise, what right would I have to whine about Carolyn Petit's magnum opus? That being said, however, I don't think I'm willing to do it for free. :P
幻術
2012-03-20, 11:22 AM #43
You're karma is taking a hit, I just upvoted all your posts.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2012-03-20, 2:53 PM #44
Are you going to do some research first this time?
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2012-03-20, 3:06 PM #45
Originally posted by Dormouse:

Yes, but only on http://gayestever.com/.

[http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg]

What do you think?! Though I don't they'll accept the pitch TBH.
幻術
2012-03-20, 4:13 PM #46
Originally posted by Dormouse:

Don't you know, that's not the Internet way! On the Internet, you post something clearly uninformed and likely offensive, and let others do the research for you!
2012-03-20, 9:27 PM #47
ugh like i know massassi needs more threads, but this one is bad
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-03-20, 10:51 PM #48
I'm glad I actually read this thread finally. It's really interesting in the same way a really fiery car crash is.

Also, writing in OP sucks. Worse yet it wasn't even written by a trans-something so I have nothing to get all indignant about. I'm going to go play videogames or read a book with really large type and colored pictures now.
>>untie shoes
2012-03-20, 10:58 PM #49
I honestly couldn't focus my eyes on this thread enough to read it so I'll just assume that like everything else in life, it's awful.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2012-03-21, 2:21 AM #50
Originally posted by zanardi:
You're karma is taking a hit, I just upvoted all your posts.

Yeeeeeey! :P

Originally posted by Antony:
Also, writing in OP sucks. Worse yet it wasn't even written by a trans-something so I have nothing to get all indignant about. I'm going to go play videogames or read a book with really large type and colored pictures now.

I guess the only difference here is that it was an intoxicated rant and not an article by a popular video games website's staff writer that got featured on the said website's front page.

[quote=Commander 598]I honestly couldn't focus my eyes on this thread enough to read it so I'll just assume that like everything else in life, it's awful.[/quote]

You're awful. :)
幻術
2012-03-21, 2:50 AM #51
Here's something to make this thread better: Billy D and The Hoodoos.

幻術
2012-03-21, 12:52 PM #52
If you want better representation of transgendered individuals in video games than "Oh ****, we can't have American gamers beating up women, we'll say she's got a dick so it's alright to kick her," then you've got some options. Jun Watarase, for example, from Happiness! who, though not a romantic option in her first appearance, was so loved by fans she became basically the only thing anybody knows about Happiness! and received canon OTP status later on (as well as in every fan-work based on the series ever). Another positive example would be Birdo, who despite usually serving as a foe in games, has a story, has a character arc, and even finds romance with Yoshi in the Mario games with thicker plots.

-Frankly, Yoshi's status as an egg layer has me wondering if maybe that's not a heterosexual pairing just with the traditional gender roles reversed, but I'm not remotely going to get into that.
2012-03-21, 1:41 PM #53
http://kotaku.com/5895181/family-values-group-rails-against-hypothetical-transgender-darth-vader-video-game

I was reminded of this thread when reading that article.
>>untie shoes
2012-03-21, 3:45 PM #54
Originally posted by Antony:

Speaking of people who need to do some research before ranting, this is completely frigging impossible. SWTOR takes place about 3500 years before the rise of Darth Vader. There is literally no way that he could show up in drag in this game! Gyah!
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2012-03-21, 6:49 PM #55
I know, Dormouse. There's so much wrong with their views on the game that it's not even funny. First of all, the point you just made. Secondly, the fact that it's not even possible yet to have same sex relationships in the game. And third, you cannot make any sort of trans-gender characters.

All of that being said, how is it in any way shape or form a bad thing to be able to do any of that? Aside from the fact that there's nothing wrong with anything related to being gay, bisexual, or transgender, it's a god damned roleplaying game. How could you possibly construe it as a negative that people are being given more choices for their characters? Oh, I know how... you just have to be a religious nutjob.
>>untie shoes
2012-03-21, 8:48 PM #56
I guess my major unanswered question from this thread is, did a transgendered person, like, kick Koobie's dog or something?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-03-21, 11:40 PM #57
[http://www.talknerdytomelover.com/storage/633761899407989620-facepalm.jpg]
幻術
2012-03-22, 7:19 AM #58
a transgendered person kicked koobie's walrus

↑ Up to the top!