Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Introducing the NEW Massassi Homepage!
Introducing the NEW Massassi Homepage!
2012-04-01, 10:19 AM #1
http://massassi.net

Make sure to clear your cache!

Massassi has always been on the leading edge of technology, and today is no different. With this latest design, we incorporate a proven social interaction system into our overall site, providing users with a new and improved way of viewing that content you know and love.

Feel free to leave feedback (and bug reports) here!

--

No seriously, it all works (or should). Make sure to use the full level URL when making a pin. You can get it by right clicking on the level's URL (on the page before you go into the level's description) and clicking copy address.
2012-04-01, 11:06 AM #2
I like it.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-04-01, 11:50 AM #3
[Bug Report]
Not enough Green!
[/Bug Report]
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2012-04-01, 2:43 PM #4
This would actually be nice if the 'everything' and 'popular' options actually worked.
2012-04-01, 2:47 PM #5
assuming april fools joke
2012-04-01, 2:53 PM #6
Originally posted by JM:
This would actually be nice if the 'everything' and 'popular' options actually worked.

They can be made to work, but seriously, just getting this much going was enough. There's not really enough pins to make those options make sense right now. YOU CAN CHANGE THAT.
2012-04-01, 3:01 PM #7
I know the contest level packs have an entry in the levels section but I can't find it. :|
2012-04-01, 3:09 PM #8
http://massassi.net/mlp2/
http://massassi.net/mlp3/
http://massassi.net/mlp4/
http://massassi.net/mlp5/
2012-04-01, 3:30 PM #9
It's like Massassi but for women.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-04-01, 7:35 PM #10
could use more frames
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-04-01, 9:23 PM #11
hmmm... would give me a reason to actually go to the front page again... kind of neat
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-04-02, 3:14 AM #12
Not sure if serious or simply unaware of western pacific timezones, but I think leave it like this. We were a bit short on news/PotY anyway.

I for one have found a new map to have a look at (11 years late).
2012-04-02, 3:20 AM #13
Hmm, maybe 3 pins from me will suffice.

OR .... NOT.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-04-03, 5:23 AM #14
Okay, so now how do you actually browse the levels?

HAHA JK SOMEONE LEARN ME TO READS
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-04-03, 5:47 AM #15
so is this an april fools joke

and why hasnt cool matty uploaded Lair of Landofett yet
2012-04-03, 9:20 AM #16
also, if any of you people want a pintrest invite, I've got some for you.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2012-04-03, 11:48 AM #17
Nice work, CM. A good idea.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-04-03, 12:28 PM #18
For reals:

This was an April Fools joke.

I've left it running for a bit longer because people are really enjoying it, but make no mistake, it's not sticking around. The backend was hacked together in a single day, and the front end is a lawsuit waiting to happen (as it rips off Pinterest). All well and good for a parody, but not for a long-lasting website.

However, since the reception for this has been so strong, I can use this as a basis for a new front page. I can use the concept of pinning levels in a new design that is a bit more user friendly, and hopefully phase out all of the old website at the same time (instead of relying on it to find levels). I think I'll try something brand new, and see where it goes.
2012-04-03, 3:03 PM #19
I like the logo
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-04-09, 6:10 PM #20
They can sue you for using the same design features? That seems ridiculous.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-04-15, 11:14 AM #21
so are we going back to the normal page?

it wasn't funny april 1st still isn't funny now
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2012-04-26, 1:28 PM #22
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
the front end is a lawsuit waiting to happen (as it rips off Pinterest)

So I missed it. But how exactly can you get sued for ripping of a front-end design? Were you stealing the images too?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2012-04-26, 2:02 PM #23
Originally posted by zanardi:
So I missed it. But how exactly can you get sued for ripping of a front-end design? Were you stealing the images too?

No images were stolen (except maybe one little button, but even that was modified and self hosted), but the whole site UI was near identical to their site, and the logo was extremely similar as well.

↑ Up to the top!