Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Knight Campaigns CooP
Jedi Knight Campaigns CooP
2012-04-15, 3:10 PM #1
hey guys,

we are looking for a possibility to play jedi knight singleplayer campaigns with 2 people in a cooperative modus.

is there any possibility to do this? we would also love to play larger coop custom campaigns if you can recommend some.

are there any working ways for doing that?
our preference would be jedi knight 1 but if not possible we would also play jk2 or jedi academy.

thank you,
johannes
2012-04-15, 3:48 PM #2
There are co-op levels for Jedi Knight, but I don't think anyone took the trouble to convert all of the original levels. It'd involve synching all the AI...

http://massassi.net/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi?Range=All&Format=Standard&Terms=co-op
2012-04-15, 4:01 PM #3
In fact,exists,on JKHub.
2012-04-15, 4:15 PM #4
Jedi Knight Co-op
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2012-04-15, 4:37 PM #5
Yeah ^^
2012-04-15, 6:29 PM #6
Originally posted by Shred18:

How is it? From the site, it sounds like it was never finished...
2012-04-15, 8:02 PM #7
Well, it's finished, except for the dark jedi, which I had a hard time syncing and reacting to multiple players. The rest of the game is completely playable though. It has some nice co-op specific features, like a checkpoint system so you don't start at the beginning if you die, and the ability to see other players on the map. I had a blast play testing it.
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2012-04-15, 10:53 PM #8
Shred! :) Glad to see you're still kicking around Massassi. What have you been up to? Do you work on games professionally now, or is it still just a hobby? Any new projects you've been working on?
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2012-04-16, 1:09 AM #9
I did try a JA co-op mod a while ago, but didn't have much luck with it. The JK mod works excellently. There was a bug on the 2nd level end trigger on the version I played, but that's probably long since been resolved.
2012-04-16, 4:01 PM #10
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Shred! :) Glad to see you're still kicking around Massassi. What have you been up to? Do you work on games professionally now, or is it still just a hobby? Any new projects you've been working on?

Still a hobby, but I have been working on something. I've been making a (co-op!) indie FPS inspired by 90's shooters. It's called Membrane. My website is where I make lots of smaller development posts. I recently made a level converter so I can use Zed (and maybe get some JK editors in on the action.)
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2012-04-20, 7:23 AM #11
hey, thanks for your comments.

i got some more questions:

1. for which version is the jk coop mod? 1.0 or should i patch before?
2. is this mod compatible with the jedi knight enhanced mod, which improves graphics? is this mod designed for 1.0 or the patched version?
3. i got jk 1 running now on my windows 7 following the installer instructions in this forum. but i miss the health and force radar now, does anybody know why this is?

thanks,
j.
2012-04-20, 7:48 AM #12
Originally posted by guitarjohnny:
i got jk 1 running now on my windows 7 following the installer instructions in this forum. but i miss the health and force radar now, does anybody know why this is?

Could this be something simple like you have your screen maximized and the hud has disappeared? Plus / Minus keys?
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-04-20, 12:15 PM #13
1. It should work with 1.0 or the patched version. You should use the patch if you are playing with JK Enhanced though.
2. Yes JK Enhanced will work with it.
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2012-04-20, 2:39 PM #14
wonderful, i will try that tomorrow. thank you!
2012-04-22, 11:26 AM #15
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
Could this be something simple like you have your screen maximized and the hud has disappeared? Plus / Minus keys?

It cracks me up just thinking about how many hundreds of players whose brains this has ****ed with over the years. I can still remember when it happened to me.
? :)
2012-04-23, 6:02 AM #16
oookay, the error with the dissappearing hud was really fixed by reducing the screen width, haha thank you :-)

i also got the mods together and it runs perfectly well. we only got one problem: we cannont join our games :(
we tried playing jedi knight via a hamachi environment where we played other games sucessfully in the past.
when i connect to my friends game via tcp ip (i can enter the computer name here or the ip adress here), i can join the game and come to the character selection screen. but when i click on ok after chosing my character, the game refuses to join the session (a german message is popping up, saying it cant connect).

do you got any idea what we did wrong or what we have to configure? are there possibilties to emulate the serial connection play method over internet instead?

thanks & cheers,
j.
2012-04-28, 8:31 AM #17
I love how all these helpful people disappear when they don't know how to fix your problem....

Really though, if you do get it to work, let me know. Ive been eager to play some jk with actual people for so long.
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2012-04-28, 10:16 PM #18
Yeah I had that same problem at a lan last night, sorry... not sure. Tried googling but no luck.

↑ Up to the top!