Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → for all the diehard JK fans
for all the diehard JK fans
2012-04-23, 5:10 PM #1

How the hell are you supposed to get these?
2012-04-23, 5:23 PM #2
force don't suck
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-04-23, 5:26 PM #3
Originally posted by Roger Spruce:
force don't suck

this is long before you get any force, mate
2012-04-23, 5:33 PM #4
Hmm.. It has been so long, I honestly don't remember. But most of the secret areas in the earlier levels involve dropping down from above... I'm sure if you google JK secret areas you can get the answer.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-04-23, 5:41 PM #5
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Hmm.. It has been so long, I honestly don't remember. But most of the secret areas in the earlier levels involve dropping down from above... I'm sure if you google JK secret areas you can get the answer.

it's not a secret area, it doesn't count as one. there's just 2 items that are out of reach, i remember as a kid i couldn't figure it out and i can't figure it out now. developer error maybe?
2012-04-23, 5:51 PM #6
Maybe. If you can't find anything on Google, you're best bet is to brush the dust off of JED, open the .jkl file up, and poke around in there and see if you can figure out how to get up there that way (or determine if there even is a way)...

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-04-23, 6:13 PM #7
eriamjh
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2012-04-23, 6:39 PM #8
lol, that works too.

2012-04-23, 6:53 PM #9
time a jump with a thermal det
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"-Michael Kyle
Ogel's City
2012-04-23, 7:14 PM #10
cheat codes?
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2012-04-23, 7:32 PM #11
JK had a lot of items that you couldnt get to like that. It was almost like the level designers were mocking you. I remember in level 2 (i think) there's a shield recharge in a dark corner that you could only see if you used the IR goggles, but it is so high up the only way to get it was eriamjh. Even cheating to get full force and using jump wouldn't get you close to it.
2012-04-23, 7:47 PM #12
maybe you guys are just all stupid ILL BE ENJOYING MY HEALTH NAD BACKPACK WITHOUIT YOU GUYS MHAGHAUHUEHUEH
2012-04-23, 9:04 PM #13
thermal detonator jump would be my guess
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-04-23, 10:00 PM #14
Originally posted by Reid:
this is long before you get any force, mate

WELL THEN OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-04-23, 10:24 PM #15
lapogo

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITuHDdhdkw
2012-04-23, 11:08 PM #16
Some are just troll placements, but many others were due to design changes where they had planned for force powers that you would later not have.

A single level of force jump would have been enough, which is why I surmise that was the original intention there. Thermal detonator jumping is basically laughable (and does way more damage than you get out of those items).
2012-04-23, 11:09 PM #17
I remember those and never found a way up...
2012-04-24, 12:05 AM #18
As two others mentioned earlier, if you have access to any explosive weapons (Concussion Rifle, Rail Detonator, Sequence Charger or Thermal Detonator), just blast yourself up to it. I suspect that there's another way of getting up there but I can't recall because I haven't played the game through in about a decade.
? :)
2012-04-24, 12:35 AM #19
Those are right above a secret area anyway. Maybe someone forgot to add a box.

E: Just tried a few times, wasn't able to get up there without force jump.

...Then again, I never was any good at boomjumping
2012-04-24, 8:45 AM #20
ive done it. you have to have full shields (armor vest is hiding in the room) time a normal jump with a termal det on the wall.
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"-Michael Kyle
Ogel's City
2012-04-24, 9:15 AM #21
Haha this is great. Me and Chris Swan (made The New Empire) got some way into compiling a massive list of errors in Jedi Knight. Every dflt.mat they left and stuff. Then we gave up because there were too many ... and we got bored. I remember these though. I'd love for someone who worked on JK to tell us original plans. I always look at the back of the box and wonder what the original plans were.

For example; Kyle with a lightsaber in Nar Shaddaa, the weird gun that's attacking the Tie Bomber.

Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2012-04-24, 10:57 AM #22
That's just an old version of the rail detonator.
2012-04-24, 2:12 PM #23
I like how Maw has about 10 times more detail in that shot than the actual model.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-04-24, 2:15 PM #24
I don't think I've ever actually noticed that health pack before. But if I had made the level, I'd have put it there just so players would have been forced to get there via thermal detonator, lose health and then... use the health pack to regain it. Snappy!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-04-24, 3:03 PM #25
You get a force star if you get all the secrets in level one.. can't you spend it on jump/pull at that point? (It's been so long since I played it)
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-04-24, 3:05 PM #26
You get an extra force star for getting all the secrets in any level. Did that once for all levels and got crazy force powers by the end of the game
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-04-24, 3:10 PM #27
Originally posted by Goit:
For example; Kyle with a lightsaber in Nar Shaddaa

I assumed that was just a screenshot during a cheat for the sake of cover art. The black glove on the hand is neat, though. Would have made multiplayer models more consistent since the hand is included on the weapon models. Or you know, they could have not put the hand on the weapon models, what a stupid ****ing thing to do.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-04-24, 5:15 PM #28
Haha - it's stupid that two out of the four shots on the back of the game aren't in the game.

I don't know what screenshots I'd have chosen. I'd have had an outside one from fuel station launch though.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2012-04-24, 5:18 PM #29
Originally posted by Ni:
You get a force star if you get all the secrets in level one.. can't you spend it on jump/pull at that point? (It's been so long since I played it)

Nope, can't spend any points until level 4 and that's just speed. You don't get jump til (after?) Yun.
2012-04-24, 10:03 PM #30
One of the official screenshots showed an AT-ST in Nar-Shadaa, in the large open area just past an elevator.

This made me think that, perhaps those levels were originally supposed to come later, or be set in Imperial Center.
2012-04-24, 10:59 PM #31
Originally posted by Ni:

You get one but you can't spend it until level 4. And level 4 only lets you put it in speed.

↑ Up to the top!