Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Call of Duty 9: Black Ops 2
Call of Duty 9: Black Ops 2
2012-05-02, 11:50 AM #1
[http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif]
2012-05-02, 11:54 AM #2
I enjoy the way you have worded the title of this thread.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 1:35 PM #3
I literally fell out of my seat laughing when I saw some ****ing flying robots chasing special forces units who are riding on horse back or some ****ing **** I couldn't even focus due to the laughter
2012-05-02, 1:40 PM #4
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/waste/crying-indian1.jpg]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-02, 1:45 PM #5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8CGK_QkadM&feature=player_embedded
First video game endorsed by a war criminal?
2012-05-02, 1:49 PM #6
Ollie North still doin his thing? How ****ing mad is everyone in this thread right now?

Go ahead, tell me how mad

Let me feast upon your misery.
2012-05-02, 2:33 PM #7
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2012-05-02, 2:44 PM #8
amazing people still buy these ****ty games

Example of a game that I play everyday and is still good:

[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/67/Counter-Strike_Box.jpg/250px-Counter-Strike_Box.jpg]
2012-05-02, 2:47 PM #9
It's not that Call of Duty games are bad... it's just that they're... abundant.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 2:48 PM #10
Oh no, they're bad.
2012-05-02, 5:38 PM #11
if you buy the ultra elite premium membership they give you extra dogtags for only 69 dollars more
2012-05-02, 5:58 PM #12
How in the hell can you possibly call them bad? I don't particularly care for them, but there's nothing remotely bad about them. They're extremely well crafted games with a ridiculously addictive and balanced multiplayer component. They just happen to come out once a year, and not a lot changes about them. I don't buy them, but I can definitely see why people do. I know it's really cool to say how awful Call of Duty is, but it just makes you look like an e-hipster. Don't call them bad. They're not. They might not be for you, but they're certainly not bad.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 7:22 PM #13
I can call them bad. Here's my logic.
I didn't like them, thus they are bad.
2012-05-02, 8:12 PM #14
That makes you an idiot.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 8:36 PM #15
tibby, that was probably the worst argument you could have made for the easiest target that was ever given.
DO NOT WANT.
2012-05-02, 8:47 PM #16
Yeah, saying that something is bad because you are unable to look at it objectively makes you look really stupid. Your insipid opinion does not override actual qualities of something.

Here are a list of things I do not like, but am able to recognize as good:

Lady Gaga
The Artist
Lost
Warcraft 3
The comedy of Mitch Hedberg

I could go on, but what's the point. I'm sure most people have a working brain and are able to grasp this concept.

Here is a small list of things that I don't like, and know for a fact are horrible:

Justin Bieber
X-Men 3
Two and a Half Men
Dane Cook
Tibby's posts

There's a distinguished difference between objectively seeing horrible qualities in something, and judging something because of how I think it makes me look on the internet.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-02, 9:06 PM #17
LOL LADY GAGA

Guys, this thread isn't suppose to be a comedy, come on now
2012-05-02, 9:13 PM #18
http://polsy.org.uk/lp/beepdog.swf
2012-05-02, 9:19 PM #19

What's so special about Fairlight?
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-05-03, 2:55 AM #20
Originally posted by Antony:
How in the hell can you possibly call them bad? I don't particularly care for them, but there's nothing remotely bad about them. They're extremely well crafted games with a ridiculously addictive and balanced multiplayer component. They just happen to come out once a year, and not a lot changes about them. I don't buy them, but I can definitely see why people do. I know it's really cool to say how awful Call of Duty is, but it just makes you look like an e-hipster. Don't call them bad. They're not. They might not be for you, but they're certainly not bad.

it has nothing to do with the game itself for me but it's community.

when i was 15 i thought it was fun to get on counter strike and PWN NOOBS

but at this point a little maturity is nice, and call of duty is not a breeding ground for maturity. that's not the game's fault though. despite how well crafted the games are, i personally find the gameplay rather shallow. there isn't alot of room for meta play
2012-05-03, 5:04 AM #21
How in the hell can you possibly call them bad? I don't particularly care for them, but there's nothing remotely bad about them. They're extremely well crafted games

Fully agreed. I felt the same way about the Rainbow Six games, a lot of excellent work was put on those games (or at least the first two, I remember the second one being like the hit back in the day) but they never got me interested.

Same with Mad Men really. Fantastic production values. But... ... Melrose Place in the 1960s? Eh.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-03, 7:27 AM #22
COD 4 Modern Warfare was a great game and took MP FPS to a new level.. Sadly every year since it's been the same ****ing game.
2012-05-03, 7:47 AM #23
I always wondered how Treyarch degrades the graphic quality from a predecessor game.
And futuristic themes tend to look pretty cheap and dull but hopefully they get it right.
2012-05-03, 8:44 AM #24
Originally posted by zanardi:
COD 4 Modern Warfare was a great game and took MP FPS to a new level.. Sadly every year since it's been the same ****ing game.

I'll agree with this, CoD1, 2 and 4 are all great games. Call of Duty 4 is actually a very underrated competative game, I was a backup on my cousins roster and its a difficult game to pick up because of its speed and just how its play compared to its predecessors and other plantbomb/defusal fps like counter-strike

My only criticism in the online play is how dense it is. There is so much **** flying around like newspapers or dust you honestly cant tell what the hell is going on. While that can be very cool at first, especially in SP, it get old VERY fast in MP.

I also liked World at War because it was the darkest WW2 shooter to date, especially with the Russian campaign. Although it comes far from portraying the brutality that occured, it was the closest yet. But still, gameplay wasn't really changed, but it did introduce to us nazi zombies.

But the buck certainly stops there. Those compliments were even stretching a bit.
2012-05-03, 10:18 AM #25
Quote:
My only criticism in the online play is how dense it is. There is so much **** flying around like newspapers or dust you honestly cant tell what the hell is going on. While that can be very cool at first, especially in SP, it get old VERY fast in MP.

Just to add: I think a lot of this was adding more dynamic element to the maps so everything wasn't so "stagnant". When I played my eyes would tend to focus on movement, thinking it's a player. Without debris flying around, you could just blindly point and shot at anything that moves. Perhaps things that move would stand out more if everything stood still. So that's my thought why they did it.

Yeah WaW was also a pretty good game, I love the SP campaign. Certain battles felt so epic and huge.

[/COLOR]
2012-05-03, 10:26 AM #26
Yeah good point, it is just frustrating in MP, I had a config that turned off almost all of that stuff but still its just very tiring on the brain and doesnt make me want to play. I love detail in SP, but in MP i want more focus on gameplay than any sort of unnecessary visuals since in MP my focus is anything but on the enviroment and story and rather on the competition or just having fun with friends

Yeah, as far as WaW there were some amazing moments. I love in the Russian campaign when you're told to throw that molotov down at those german prisoners at the entrance of the subway who are begging for their lives. For once war came across not as some struggle between pure good and pure evil but just brutal devistating killing with who sides on a shady grey area. An example of a failure of this is Half-Life Opposing Force. All throughout Half-Life we saw marines slaughtering anyone who wasn't USMC, and althought I get the idea that Sheppard was only sparring these people to get out alive or whatever, at the beginning of the game before he got left behind there should've been civilian slaughter, but I guess that might've been taboo back then.
2012-05-03, 12:11 PM #27
No, what you're talking about is the one thing I really do think is terrible about Call of Duty games: The deliberately shocking moment. I think that all of them since World at War have had one, and it's getting old at this point.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-03, 5:23 PM #28
I loved the Black Cats level from World at War, mostly because I'd just bought a new sound system when I was playing and the drums in the background music sounded ****ing epic.

But my overriding memory from WaW was the Heart of the Reich mission, trying to destroy the AA guns in the courtyard on Veteran. I honestly could have killed someone. Took me about 40 tries and I probably saw a conservative estimate of about 8000 grenade indicators. To date the only other game to frustrate me more was Black Ops on Veteran, but I at least managed to beat WaW. Black Ops I never made it down the hill to the napalm barrels on, like, the fourth level. I learned my lesson from WaW: if it isn't fun anymore, I'm not playing it on hard.
2012-05-03, 5:27 PM #29
In WAW there was a bit on the flamethrower trenches level where you run through a cave, and then there's a hole in ceiling with people firing. I could never get past that bit. I tried and tried and tried. Traded the game in eventually. Loaded JK. Finding all the secret areas on Fuel Dump is enough satisfaction for me.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2012-05-03, 7:10 PM #30
No, what you're talking about is the one thing I really do think is terrible about Call of Duty games: The deliberately shocking moment. I think that all of them since World at War have had one, and it's getting old at this point.

Nothing like the "shock" moment from MW2 though
2012-05-03, 7:14 PM #31
Originally posted by zanardi:
Nothing like the "shock" moment from MW2 though

Yeah, no kidding. The worst one was in MW3, though. By worst, I mean most lame.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-03, 7:49 PM #32
I actually had to youtube it to remember what the shock moment was in MW3. God damn. Such a stretch.
DO NOT WANT.
2012-05-03, 9:25 PM #33
I like that videogame production is to the point where a game can be effectively well made, but still be terrible at the same time. I think the single player component of COD lacks everything necessary to be enjoyable. The gameplay is so unbelievably bland, and the unrelenting action is numbing. Nothing happens even though everything is happening at once. The best part of the story is usually the first 5 minutes when you're not even actually in control of your character. I don't get the single player at all.

The multiplayer is actually quite enjoyable to me, right up until the best player in the server gets to mow people down from the highest vantage point. That isn't balanced, it's just silly. I'm actually pretty good at the game too, and I stopped using those perks a long time ago because they aren't nearly as fun as killing the whole other team over and over again by hand. I really wish I had checked the features before purchasing BO, though: Half the reason I wanted to play the game was Gun Game.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-05-03, 10:43 PM #34
The black ops are always the worst ones
2012-05-04, 4:48 PM #35
I have never played a call of duty but I look forward to someone posting the SP campaign up on youtube. Woods is still alive! Yay!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-04, 7:37 PM #36
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I like that videogame production is to the point where a game can be effectively well made, but still be terrible at the same time. I think the single player component of COD lacks everything necessary to be enjoyable. The gameplay is so unbelievably bland, and the unrelenting action is numbing. Nothing happens even though everything is happening at once. The best part of the story is usually the first 5 minutes when you're not even actually in control of your character. I don't get the single player at all.

Come now, COD games are like action flicks they play on TV. Good for a boring night. Please tell me you can just enjoy an explosion or someone getting punched in face for what its worth: an explosion and someone getting punched in the face.

I will say COD games for me don't have lasting appeal. Not much replayability for SP, there isn't much you can do differently on the one-track ride. But they are those above-mentioned popcorn movies that you probably find forgettable, nothing more than a enjoyable rush.

Of course, I won't pay full price. But these days I don't find the time to play lengthy games, and COD-like stuff fills in the quick fixes.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-05-04, 9:11 PM #37
blops
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-05-05, 9:22 AM #38
Ok, I don't play most of the popular military shooters mainly because I need some sort of special theme to pull my interest. Generic Modern Military Shooters like BF3 or MW2 bore the crap out of me. But I can get into shooters from past era's like WW1/WW2/Vietnam and futuristic shooters like Crysis series, steampunk ect. I just want to escape from this reality for a bit while I game.

So I took a quick look at this and thought it might be interesting because it seems to be set in the near-to-mid future. I'm all about cool future tech but when I see something like this-

Why you would deploy this wannabe AT-AT in an urban environment? The walker legs dont look big enough to step over wrecked vehicles. Maybe it transforms and can drive on those tracks? Seems like a lot of points for mechanical failure in a military grade vehicle.

I probably wont buy this till it's on sale for $5.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-05-05, 9:53 AM #39
I still like Battlefield 2142.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-05-05, 5:34 PM #40
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:

[http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1317/248703-metal_gear_rex.jpg]
(It's a link too!)