Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → House Series Finale Next Monday 5/21 [Spoilers]
House Series Finale Next Monday 5/21 [Spoilers]
2012-05-15, 7:50 AM #1
How do you think it will end?

I think Wilson is going to die obviously, House might commit suicide
2012-05-15, 8:17 AM #2
What? Seriously? House is ending? I really haven't been keeping up with it then.

What are they on, like, season nine?
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2012-05-15, 8:20 AM #3
Season 8, basically, like 3-4 episodes ago Wilson found out he had cancer, tried to do chemo, it failed, and now he wants to give up and this is where we left of for the finale
2012-05-15, 8:20 AM #4
I stopped watching the series mid-Season 5. Didn't really plan to do a thing like that, but it just happened. From what I've spoiled myself afterwards, it seems I jumped off the wagon at the right time. Maybe I'll watch the remaining episodes at some point... maybe not. Eh.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-15, 8:24 AM #5
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I stopped watching the series mid-Season 5. Didn't really plan to do a thing like that, but it just happened. From what I've spoiled myself afterwards, it seems I jumped off the wagon at the right time. Maybe I'll watch the remaining episodes at some point... maybe not. Eh.

Yeah. I watched the first five seasons. Then when six rolled out I was pretty busy. I missed the first few episodes but caught most of the rest of the season. Don't think I've seen anything past that though.
2012-05-15, 9:07 AM #6
Originally posted by Couchman:
Season 8, basically, like 3-4 episodes ago Wilson found out he had cancer, tried to do chemo, it failed, and now he wants to give up and this is where we left of for the finale

That sounds really, really lame, but I don't really know the context of what's happening or how it fits into the rest of the season. I'll have to catch up on it, I guess.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-15, 9:25 AM #7
Originally posted by Antony:
That sounds really, really lame, but I don't really know the context of what's happening or how it fits into the rest of the season. I'll have to catch up on it, I guess.

Ive actually enjoyed this season a lot more compared to the last few. There is no Thirteen, Cameron, or Cuddy, and Foreman is head of the hospital and isn't around as much. We have two new female team members who are fun/interesting and mesh well with Taub and Chase (Chase just quit an episode or two ago actually).

The whole cancer thing might be a great way to end if done correctly, but they only have 42 minutes of screentime left to justify all of this so I'm just as nervous as anyone else.
2012-05-15, 9:41 AM #8
The man who shot House in "No Reason" shows up again. He and House fight, and they fall into a gorge.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-05-15, 9:43 AM #9
If House doesn't somehow cure Wilson's cancer, I will be disappointed.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-15, 9:44 AM #10
Originally posted by Antony:
If House doesn't somehow cure Wilson's cancer, I will be disappointed.

The big twist is that it's not cancer at all, but actually... LUPUS.
2012-05-15, 9:57 AM #11
LOL. :)

I really liked the series until that season when House got into the psychiatric hospital. It just went downhill from there.
幻術
2012-05-15, 10:30 AM #12
It turns out that House is the devil, sent to earth to do penance for his crimes.

-He rejects this and goes off to wander the earth like Caine in Kung-Fu.
2012-05-15, 11:05 AM #13
I thought David Shore said the finale would be open ended. I don't see how House committing suicide really says that.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2012-05-15, 12:47 PM #14
Originally posted by Jarl:
It turns out that House is the devil, sent to earth to do penance for his crimes.

-He rejects this and goes off to wander the earth like Caine in Kung-Fu.

I hope they don't do a quantum leap ending like this

Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
I thought David Shore said the finale would be open ended. I don't see how House committing suicide really says that.

Didn't read that, that was my initial idea, that all is normal and its just another day, but that was before the cancer plot started, interesting
2012-05-15, 2:06 PM #15
Oh and for those of you catching up from this thread, I forgot to mention the cliffhanger for last week leading into the finale was House being sent back to jail for 6th months, Wilson has 5 months to live
2012-05-16, 1:01 PM #16
Oh and for those of you catching up from this thread, I forgot to mention the cliffhanger for last week leading into the finale was House being sent back to jail for 6th months, Wilson has 5 months to live

And of course, it's important to keep in mind that House isn't going to be in jail until Monday, so obviously he's going to do something before that happens. It's just a matter of what.
2012-05-16, 2:40 PM #17
House undergoes/recommends a procedure that ends up killing himself but saving Wilson (like an organ donation or something). Probably.
2012-05-16, 5:10 PM #18
Originally posted by ragna:
House undergoes/recommends a procedure that ends up killing himself but saving Wilson (like an organ donation or something). Probably.

I was thinking the oppisite, like Wilson's body is harvested for adult stem cells to fix House's leg.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-05-16, 7:52 PM #19
either way it will be filled with witty, pithy dialogue from the brusque but lovable house!
2012-05-16, 8:01 PM #20
I lost interest a few episodes into this season. I have all of the episodes DVRed, but just haven't had the desire to fire them up.
2012-05-19, 9:27 AM #21
My serious guess though is that House euthanizes Wilson.
2012-05-19, 11:31 AM #22
The bromance between House and Wilson has been great (as always) this season, and the one constant in the whole season. I don't know how it'll end, but it'll be sad.... :cry:
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2012-05-19, 11:37 AM #23
I really wish Stephen Fry would have cameo'd at some point. But ALAS, it was not MEANT to be.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-19, 6:00 PM #24
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I really wish Stephen Fry would have cameo'd at some point. But ALAS, it was not MEANT to be.

House will die and Stephen Fry will voice God. House will spend the episode making God disbelieve his own existence.
2012-05-19, 8:54 PM #25
^ If it ends like Quantum Leap I will kill everyone
2012-05-19, 9:07 PM #26
A hand knocks on House's office door.

"Mr Laurie, you're on on 5."

The camera pans back. The set is constructed in Hugh Laurie's trailer.

He bumps fists with Bigfoot. A man falls down a set of stairs.

Credits roll.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-05-21, 6:14 AM #27
Tonight is the night
2012-05-21, 9:39 AM #28
Tonight is the night

I have it set to record on my DVR. True, I haven't really kept track of the show the past two seasons... but I'll be damned if I miss out on the series finale. Even if I have no idea what's going on.
2012-05-21, 3:46 PM #29
Originally posted by Liberius Vir:
I have it set to record on my DVR. True, I haven't really kept track of the show the past two seasons... but I'll be damned if I miss out on the series finale. Even if I have no idea what's going on.

You especially don't want to miss an end that has been planned. So many shows just get cancelled with no closure.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2012-05-21, 7:04 PM #30
It was alright, kind of predictable, I knew he was still alive like the Sherlock story with the Reichenberg Falls or however its spelled. It wasn't that it was bad, I was just expecting way more I think.

Whatd you guys think?
2012-05-21, 7:04 PM #31
The ending was... okay. I don't think there was a single way they could have ended it and have it feel "great".

SPOILERS BELOW:

I do like that he really did the selfless thing in the end and stuck with Wilson, paying for his endless crimes so to speak. They did leave a lot in the open as to how House will live on from there, but at least it wasn't some crappy ending.

Also surprised we didn't see any of Cuddy in this episode (besides flashbacks of course).
2012-05-21, 7:07 PM #32
That wasn't too bad.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2012-05-21, 7:29 PM #33
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
The ending was... okay. I don't think there was a single way they could have ended it and have it feel "great".

Well put, I felt it was played safe. Not bad at all, but nothing that special/memorable.
2012-05-21, 7:54 PM #34
I thought it was okay - definitely a "safe" finale considering what happened, as it was no surprise.

I like the comparison to The Reichenbach Fall/The Final Solution, but after finishing the second series of BBC's Sherlock, I think it was handled better in that instance.
2012-05-21, 8:10 PM #35
I liked it pretty well. Not a mind-blowing finale at all, but that's fine for a series where the "twists" weren't a major aspect of the show all that often anyway.

Edit: Wilson's Diabetic Cat, I think I'm going to miss you most of all.
2012-05-21, 11:48 PM #36
It didn't end with "You can't always get what you want", and for that I can never forgive them.

-This will not stand. I will take the necessary action myself.
2012-05-22, 10:15 AM #37
I loved it, it was the most fitting way they could end it. And this is coming from someone who mostly plodded through series 7 and 8.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2012-05-22, 10:17 AM #38
AKPiggot, where'd you come from? You should make a level for the contest!
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-05-22, 11:17 AM #39
Originally posted by Jarl:
It didn't end with "You can't always get what you want", and for that I can never forgive them.

-This will not stand. I will take the necessary action myself.

+1
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM

↑ Up to the top!