Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Legend of Korra (Avatar: Last Airbender sequel)
Legend of Korra (Avatar: Last Airbender sequel)
2012-05-27, 6:07 PM #1
Anyone been watching it? I have seen the first four episodes so far and I'm actually liking it more than the original series. It has less silliness (don't worry there's still humor) and the production value seems higher. Amon is a better villain than Firelord Ozai already since his motivation and goals are much more fleshed out.

http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos?navid=showNav
2012-05-28, 12:11 AM #2
I've been keeping up with it since it aired and really like it as well. The first episode I was a bit skeptical about the steampunk direction they took the series, but honestly they went for such a minimalistic approach towards it I don't really mind. I like that the cast is a bit older as it allows for a little more complexity in character arcs.
I also have been very impressed with some of the fights. In the latest episode there was some pretty intense action which was really well choreographed.
My blawgh.
2012-05-28, 2:40 AM #3
At one point I thought I should watch the Avatar: Last Airbender stuff but never got around to it...

Funny, even a few months after Avatar (the James Cameron film) was released I could find screenshots of the cartoon by Google Image Searching "Avatar" but now you really have to scroll down and down and down and down
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-28, 7:03 AM #4
AtLA was awesome, I've been meaning to torrent the first season of this show.

I have cable, it's not stealing.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-05-28, 7:35 AM #5
I've been watching. Pretty good so far.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2012-05-29, 8:32 PM #6
whether you have cable or not, you can stream them on Netflix (or could). Maybe on Hulu too.

I didn't know there was a sequel series. I'm very interested in checking it out. I thought the original series was pretty good, and I also enjoyed the movie (even though lots of people said is was awful).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-05-29, 8:43 PM #7
Avatar was great, Legend of Korra is great

↑ Up to the top!