Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Craigslist is taunting me. Again.
Craigslist is taunting me. Again.
2012-05-30, 11:43 AM #1
WHY!?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3037841294.html

Not the prettiest car ever...but they're viciously fast with a big turbo. And it's not incredibly expensive to make them fast either. And it's so cheap...I have my doubts that it needs a transmission, but if so I think you can get a T-56 for them. I haven't done nearly enough research yet though.

My driveway is already full! :(
woot!
2012-05-30, 11:49 AM #2
We can be 5.0 buddies. :D

Hell, as long as the engine works, $800 isn't too much to risk.
2012-05-30, 12:01 PM #3
Originally posted by Darth:
We can be 5.0 buddies. :D

Hell, as long as the engine works, $800 isn't too much to risk.

I already found a transmission for $250, too.

How cheap exactly is it to make fast? By fast I mean...I dunno, 400whp (without turbo/etc)? Thinking cam/headers to start..what's the route for tuning?
woot!
2012-05-30, 12:14 PM #4
Yeah, parts on that baby are going to be dirt cheap for the most part.

I'm kind of having the full driveway conundrum right now too. My uncle has a '67 Mustang hardtop that's in awesome condition that he's considering selling. It was a single owner car for a good 40 years or so before he got it, and it spent all that time in California. There's not a bit of rust on it as far as I know, and it's all pretty much factory except it was repainted once with the factory color. I'd buy it off him in a heartbeat, but I have nowhere to put it. :( What I might do is buy it off him and keep it at my parents' temporarily until I move to a place with a garage.
2012-05-30, 12:27 PM #5
I'm thinking about getting one of these myself. What the insurance like on one?
>>untie shoes
2012-05-30, 12:38 PM #6
Originally posted by JLee:
I already found a transmission for $250, too.

How cheap exactly is it to make fast? By fast I mean...I dunno, 400whp (without turbo/etc)? Thinking cam/headers to start..what's the route for tuning?

The exact route to take I'm not exactly sure on, as I don't really know all that much about Fox bodies and the old 5.0s outside of what little I've read. I would think that cams and headers would be a good place to start, but beyond that I really don't know.
2012-05-30, 12:59 PM #7
Insurance is about half of my CTS-V- roughly $130 for 6 months ($266 for the V).
woot!
2012-05-30, 1:03 PM #8
That's not bad at all.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-30, 5:23 PM #9
other than that it is ugly as sin.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2012-05-30, 7:29 PM #10
Originally posted by JLee:
Insurance is about half of my CTS-V- roughly $130 for 6 months ($266 for the V).

You have a CTS-V? What year?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2012-05-30, 9:13 PM #11
Originally posted by gbk:
You have a CTS-V? What year?

'04

[http://freshblacktop.com/pics/cars/driveway2.jpg]
woot!
2012-05-31, 10:22 AM #12
If you do get it, make sure you don't clean it up too much and make sure on the outside it still looks like a 20 year old car that has less power than most family sedans these days. The only identifying feature on the outside of a heavily-modded Fox body should be huge rear tires. :)

↑ Up to the top!