Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars 1313, new star wars game revealed
Star Wars 1313, new star wars game revealed
2012-06-01, 3:59 AM #1
And I'm down with what's been revealed:

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1224926p1.html

I look forward to seeing what they got for us at E3!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-06-01, 4:02 AM #2
oops. I jumped the gun, there's already a thread. Funny I missed it on a forum of 5 posts. :P
2012-06-01, 4:04 AM #3
If the prequels never came out then we'd have had more great Star Wars games. Now they all seem to include PT and OT ships, characters, and locations. I want more Star Wars OT games.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2012-06-01, 4:10 AM #4
I just wish it was FPS instead of the rumored 3rd. MOAR Jedi Knight DF, LESS GEARS OF WAR
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2012-06-01, 10:29 AM #5
This is absolutely a title that you can instantly know will be good or complete **** as soon as they announce the developer. Maybe it'll be done by Bethesda or something and actually be good. There might even be room for a modding community! More likely it will be in house LEC rubbish.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-06-01, 10:40 AM #6
"Gameplay apparently involves a lot of cover-based shooting".

In other words, it's a Gears of War/COD knockoff in Star Wars.

I'll reserve harsh judgment until we hear more about it, but the setting and concept sounds awesome, the gameplay sounds like it'll be boring.
2012-06-01, 10:46 AM #7
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
"Gameplay apparently involves a lot of cover-based shooting".

In other words, it's a Gears of War/COD knockoff in Star Wars.

I'll reserve harsh judgment until we hear more about it, but the setting and concept sounds awesome, the gameplay sounds like it'll be boring.

That was my first thought too. On a personal level, I wonder how clunky the gameplay will feel. That's been my issue with a lot of these games, like GoW, that were developed for a console. The controls on a PC felt so un-natural, everything seemed slow and clunk. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is a good recent example.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-06-01, 10:50 AM #8
But since its Unreal Engine, potential modding?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-06-01, 10:50 AM #9
Not gonna judge it until I've played it, but in principle I think it's still a good thing they're doing this.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-06-01, 11:20 AM #10
It seems this is a replacement for their failure to make the live action TV show
2012-06-01, 12:31 PM #11
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
But since its Unreal Engine, potential modding?

Potential doesn't mean they'll allow it. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine ran on a modified version of the JK engine, and they didn't allow it to be modded.
2012-06-01, 12:34 PM #12
I'm really surprised nobody has done it anyway, what are they going to do about it?
2012-06-01, 1:10 PM #13
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Potential doesn't mean they'll allow it. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine ran on a modified version of the JK engine, and they didn't allow it to be modded.

That was Paramount's choice, though. They probably thought fan content would sully the brand. :rolleyes:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-06-01, 5:00 PM #14
It was Harrison Ford's choice, he has always been extremely protective of his likeness.
2012-06-01, 5:20 PM #15
That must be why dancing Han Solo exists.
>>untie shoes
2012-06-01, 5:31 PM #16
Gotta pay the bills.
2012-06-01, 5:51 PM #17
Hrm. I know it was either Ford or Spielberg who said 'no' to editing, but I don't remember anymore.
2012-06-03, 11:47 AM #18
The Force Unleashed rose unprecedented expectations in me. NEVER AGAIN. (though the premise sounds cool)

Originally posted by Antony:
That must be why dancing Han Solo exists.

Hah. :D
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2012-06-05, 10:26 AM #19
This looks like it could be the Star Wars action game we've been waiting for since Jedi Knight...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7vejwgVoM&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4LzOUpmuR0&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCLFfVav7qk&feature=player_embedded

EDIT: Can't you embed videos here?
2012-06-05, 10:32 AM #20
Not going to lie, that looks really impressive.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2012-06-05, 10:38 AM #21
Hell yeah! I always wanted to play a game as a young Ron Howard. I wonder how linear gameplay will be, so far that is my only concern.
My blawgh.
2012-06-05, 10:44 AM #22
To embed videos you have to put the YT video tag inside
2012-06-05, 10:46 AM #23
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
This looks like it could be the Star Wars action game we've been waiting for since Jedi Knight...

Can't complain on the premise. I remember a good number of us wanting a game about just a guy with no Force trying to make it in the world.

I just hope its not "pop out of cover, pew-pew, go back into cover" times 1000 down metal corridors. I would like to see open-areas.
2012-06-05, 10:49 AM #24
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
To embed videos you have to put the YT video tag inside

Yeah, I eventually figured it out... Cheers. Problem is you can only have one video per post, so I left it as is.
2012-06-05, 11:51 AM #25
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Can't complain on the premise. I remember a good number of us wanting a game about just a guy with no Force trying to make it in the world.

I just hope its not "pop out of cover, pew-pew, go back into cover" times 1000 down metal corridors. I would like to see open-areas.

Shadows of the Empire?
2012-06-05, 11:53 AM #26
I should have said a "new" one.
2012-06-05, 12:00 PM #27
Looks like Uncharted in space.
2012-06-05, 12:06 PM #28
Max Payne 3 IN SPACE. But yes, looks cool.
幻術
2012-06-05, 12:07 PM #29
SotE was cool, you ass-holders.
2012-06-05, 12:24 PM #30
SotE owned because it was like, woah I'm playing an arcade game on my PC!
It was also a really good AGP tech demo.
2012-06-05, 12:45 PM #31
Originally posted by Tibby:
SotE owned because it was like, woah I'm playing an arcade game on my PC!

That's a weird way to spell N64
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-06-07, 5:49 PM #32
Why did noone else point this out? I don't remember playing Shadows of the Empire on anything but a nintendo 64- and by the way that game is underrated.

Alright, after further investigation i learned, unbeknownst to me and obviously Alan, they released SotE for PC as well, about a year after the n64 release.

IM the ****ing chuckelhead.

And get this Alan, ya know those awesome cutscene that were just art with text underneath? Dash talks to Han in the beginning and then his robot on the ship at that asteroid level. Anyways, on the pc version they remade it with full fledged cutscene with dialog!!!

Yeah, quite the **** in the ass hu?

Check em out!!

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlfa80cHy48 (mash up of all the cutscenes from the pc version)

See also:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjaP_X0_JxA

I can remember being like 6 and playing the through that game. Not to mention the impossible debug mode cheat that you had to use your nose to input on the n64 controller. Goddamn those were the good old days of video game cheats. There never anything cool or remotely entertaining anymore....
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2012-06-08, 2:49 AM #33
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
unbeknownst to me and obviously Alan,

totally beknownst over here bro, kinda old news
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-06-08, 4:43 AM #34
Who gives a **** about SotE. Stop living in the past people!

:saddowns:
2012-06-08, 7:15 AM #35
I think that SW1313 looks promising but it's certainly not what I'd hoped for (not that I'm at all surprised).
? :)
2012-06-08, 7:26 AM #36
I'm incredibly happy that we're getting something far-removed from the child-centric crap they've been churning out for years. Its time Star Wars matures a little, and I think that means edging away from space magic for a while.

That being said, I'd love to see a gruff hero sometime, instead of skinny, soft voiced characters like this new bounty hunter and Starkiller. I liked the other bounty hunter in the demo. I'd prefer to play him.
2012-06-08, 7:50 AM #37
Originally posted by Jep:
I'd love to see a gruff hero sometime, instead of skinny, soft voiced characters like this new bounty hunter and Starkiller. I liked the other bounty hunter in the demo. I'd prefer to play him.

I agree. Something like the gruff Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces. I've been speculating if perhaps this skinny rookie bounty hunter develops into a more hardened experienced character as the story progresses.

What we've seen so far would leave me to believe he is ignorant about his mission, he treats the ride down as something of a novelty. As he is attacked and exposed to the corruption of the underworld perhaps little by little the familiarity of typical SW games will fade allowing the character to adapt and become a badass. I hope that is the case. I could also see him being plucky and naive going from fight to fight for a few hours of gameplay. There is potential though.

it would be nice if it turned out to be co-op.
My blawgh.
2012-06-08, 8:04 AM #38
But we are suppose to relate to him, us being 20-something year olds still holding onto the last straws of our dreams of a good Star Wars game that would relay the same feelings of wonder and enchantment the original trilogy had upon the fabric of our childhood. We are naive like him but determined to boldly go forth to embrace this new, unknown chapter of Star Wars mature gaming that ah **** it
2012-06-08, 11:25 AM #39
Skinny, soft-voiced rookie number one:

↑ Up to the top!