Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wolfram (Wolfenstein 3D E1 Remake)
Wolfram (Wolfenstein 3D E1 Remake)
2012-06-10, 7:56 AM #1
http://www.moddb.com/games/wolfram

Pretty nice, I must say. I just played through the first level and it ran without any significant problems. I found this about a week ago when someone in the chat linked me to the HTML5 conversion of Wolfenstein 3D and off to the nostalgia lane I went. Good times (both last week and in 1998 when I first played Wolf3D and got sucked into computer games for good).

One day, I hope that DarkXL has at least advanced to a similar point; i.e. when you can play through the original DF with everything (textures, models, y'now) looking (way more) modern aside from the original archi. That's what this game does for the first episode of Wolf3D.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-06-10, 8:30 AM #2
Hmm it seems a bit pointless to me... replace the textures and models but keep the square architecture? If you're going to go that far you need to fix that too in my opinion.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-06-10, 10:08 AM #3
[h=2]Wolfenstein!!!!!!!!! This will at least be better than playing that remake that came out with. That was a bit of a let down for me.[/h]
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2012-06-10, 12:28 PM #4
I heard wolfenstein makes you racist
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-06-10, 1:06 PM #5
Originally posted by Ni:
Hmm it seems a bit pointless to me... replace the textures and models but keep the square architecture? If you're going to go that far you need to fix that too in my opinion.

You're... you're kidding, right?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2012-06-10, 1:18 PM #6
Originally posted by Ni:
Misplaced aggression toward Nazi-killing hero's (in square corridors) because im mad about my small penis

You sound like Mel Gibson. You sound like your supporting Hitler.

Alan had it wrong, if you don't like (or see the point in only re-making parts of a game), THEN you are racist.

Yeah **** that guy's nay-saying, i downloaded that **** right away!!

When will they make that Nazi's in space game, ahhh im still waiting....
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2012-06-10, 1:51 PM #7
Originally posted by gbk:
You're... you're kidding, right?

Of course not! If you want a graphics upgrade have a graphics upgrade. If you want the nostalgia from the retro graphics/environments then play the original game.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-06-10, 2:21 PM #8
Originally posted by Ni:

It's not any different from playing Jedi Knight with JKE or Duke Nukem 3D with the HRP. Comparing the amount of released 'high resolution packs' to 'full game remakes/updates', I'm relatively certain that this is as close as we'll ever get to a modernized Wolf3D. And I've got no problem with that.
2012-06-10, 3:06 PM #9
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
. when you can play through the original DF with everything (textures, models, y'now) looking (way more) modern aside from the original archi.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimw/ClassicFPS/

Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Comparing the amount of released 'high resolution packs' to 'full game remakes/updates', I'm relatively certain that this is as close as we'll ever get to a modernized Wolf3D. And I've got no problem with that.

Does this count?

2012-06-10, 3:12 PM #10
Can it do integrals?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-06-10, 9:20 PM #11
game is too ****ing loud from that video i cant stand loud games
2012-06-11, 4:35 AM #12
Is that a wolfenstein mod for a doom mod for quake?
2012-06-11, 4:45 AM #13
Yes! Wolfram is #1 at ModDB!

Yeah, I've noticed some of those Wolf3D TCs before. I always wondered why Wolf3D didn't have the really fancy engine updates (like Doom/2, Quake/2 and Duke Nukem 3D) despite the source code having been released eons ago. Apparently the engine used for this remake is based on the released Quake 3 source code (at least, that's the impression I got from the descriptions).

But geez, this really makes me hope for new XL Engine releases! It'd at least be great to be able to play through DF without any hitches. Or that you could run user-made levels properly with it! :argh:
2012-06-11, 7:56 AM #14
Originally posted by JM:
Is that a wolfenstein mod for a doom mod for quake?

It's doom 2 with jdrp. Level 31 is Wolfenstein, Level 32 is Grosse.

(I've never played Quake or Wolfenstein)

↑ Up to the top!