Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sleep Paralyisis anybody?
Sleep Paralyisis anybody?
2012-06-15, 9:23 PM #1
Anybody else here get haunted at night? I've been experiencing these since I was 20. Scariest was at osut i was sleeping and suddenly i woke up, couldn't move and ghostly hands appeared over my face, like a ghost was haunting me. freaking scary but awesome as hell.

had an episode last night, woke up sleeping on my stomach, eyeball popped open, i couldn't move i tried to roll over on my side and felt completely detached from my body. it's such an amazing experience, but it sortof scares me, like will i end up dying in one of these episodes?
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2012-06-15, 10:21 PM #2
cool
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-06-15, 10:26 PM #3
That painting "The Nightmare" by Fuseli is awesome.
2012-06-16, 12:57 AM #4
That happened when I was 8, and again when I was 14.
The second one led me down the wild path of slowly going insane and culminating with a nervous breakdown at school. (due to a fear of alien abductions.) Then I watched the X-Files and now I'm all better.
Life is weird.
2012-06-16, 1:31 AM #5
I have had quite a few experiences with this. As far back as I can remember I would wake up and be unable to open my eyes or move. It was freaky but there was never anything psychological about it until I was about 21. I was living away from home and had an experience where I thought someone was physically holding me down and trying to smother me. It lasted the entire night and I was afraid to go to sleep for a few weeks. It didn't happen again for over a year. Currently it usually accompanies a recurring nightmare where wake up and hear a group of people break into the house upstairs, I hear them knocking over bookcases and screaming, they come down to my room and start beating on the door I am unable to move and always try to scream but it only comes out as a long audible exhale. The dream happens once or twice in a 6 month time frame, though about once a month I'll wake up with sleep paralysis unaided by dreams. It isn't something I've really gotten used to.
My blawgh.
2012-06-16, 3:59 AM #6
Originally posted by The_Lost_One:
I've been experiencing these since I was 20.

I assume that you've seen a physician about this? If so, what did they have to say about it? Are you narcoleptic?
? :)
2012-06-16, 8:44 AM #7
nah if i see a physician about it that leads to me being a guinea pig and potentially being dq'd from military service. i hate doctors.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2012-06-16, 10:13 AM #8
I experienced this around my early twenties, but not since. It was my first attempt at sobriety and I was also heavily into meditation and controlling my dreams. I'm not sure if those were factors or not.

I would wake up after taking a nap, be completely paralyzed, and iirc sometimes not even being able to breathe. Most notable, I had audible hallucinations. fear fulled ones.
2012-06-16, 11:17 AM #9
Nope... the worst I've had was a numb arm :(
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-06-16, 11:42 AM #10
Nope, just my cat sleeping on my chest
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-06-16, 1:37 PM #11
My wife wakes up screaming in the middle of the night once or twice a month ever since her grandmother passed away. Her doctor says its a stress/depression thing. She says she's dreaming a dream so vivid she feels like she's awake, and it usually involves seeing a man or a dark figure standing in our bedroom.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2012-06-16, 2:58 PM #12
Late that night Hungry Joe dreamed that Huple's cat was sleeping on his face, suffocating him, and when he woke up, Huple's cat was sleeping on his face. His agony was terrifying, the piercing, unearthly howl with which he split the moonlit dark vibrating in its own impact for seconds afterword like a devastating shock. A numbing silence followed, and then a riotous din rose from inside his tent.

↑ Up to the top!