Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Google+ really took off
Google+ really took off
2012-06-25, 9:03 PM #1
THPBPBPBPBPBPPBBPHBPTPHBPHBPPHBP

well hangout is pretty fun for like 10 minutes because of the effects.
2012-06-25, 9:18 PM #2
I've actually been wanting to do a 'hangout' with a bunch of the writers for NeS, and I keep putting it off. I personally like G+, and I have enough people on there to make it worth it. Granted, I don't check it nearly as much, and don't have a tenth of the people I do on Facebook. I suspect I would be on Facebook a lot less though if it wasn't for my previous job that helped it snowball.

For those of you who have G+ and want to add me, it's Scott Gajewski.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-06-25, 9:33 PM #3
I wish people would use G+ more, it really is so much better.
Too many people are attached to Facebook =\
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2012-06-25, 10:19 PM #4
Originally posted by Deadman:

I use Fecebook because all of my friends use it.

If I had a choice of social networks it would be none.
2012-06-25, 10:23 PM #5
Originally posted by Deadman:

i'd use g+ more until i have a solution i like to give me my g+, facebook, and twitter in one place i'm only going to check it on those rare occasions someone brings up g+ on a forum or in a chat room
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-06-26, 12:02 AM #6
I was early on g+ because I thought that could be a social network that I might actually like. It turned out pretty fast that I simply don't like social networks.
2012-06-26, 4:11 AM #7
Hehe fair enough
2012-06-26, 5:37 AM #8
I like Google+ because it works more as a social thing, instead of a emo-blog thing. Also, I can't stand Facebook. If Facebook never started their chat system, I'm fairly sure I'd not be on Facebook at all. I don't really care for Anonymous, but if they were to attack the Facebook Chat servers, I would be very happy with that result. People rely far too much on that shoddy crap, just because it's "convenient".
2012-06-26, 5:57 AM #9
Emo blog?
nope.
2012-06-26, 6:21 AM #10
I agree with CM wholeheartedly
2012-06-26, 6:51 AM #11
I use G+ because I don't really "socialize" on the nets (minus Massassi) so much, and G+ is great to follow updates from various writers I like and such.
幻術
2012-06-26, 10:44 AM #12
Well, David Cameron has said that too many tweets makes a ****....

Edit: Agggh, stupid American censor! Can't even relay the words of one of our time's greats....
2012-06-26, 11:59 AM #13
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
Well, David Cameron has said that too many tweets makes a tawt....

g+ is okay, but I keep forgetting i have one.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-06-26, 2:10 PM #14
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I use Fecebook because all of my friends use it.

If I had a choice of social networks it would be none.

I don't use facebook even though all of my friends do.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-06-26, 3:09 PM #15
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I don't use facebook even though all of my friends do.

same, social networking is gay

GAY, YEAH I SAID IT
2012-06-26, 3:24 PM #16
prolly just cause You Have 0 Friends....
2012-06-26, 3:53 PM #17
Or maybe because I'm not self centered enough to devote time to websites that try to give the illusion I'm someone worth following every second or to try and keep in touch with as many people as possible to give another illusion that I am popular and people want to stay connected to me

If I want to keep in touch with you I will somehow, just as I have done with the people I do now
2012-06-26, 5:29 PM #18
like I stay in touch with your mom
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-06-26, 6:50 PM #19
Somehow, just not using a website, apparently.

If Facebook seems like some vapid popularity contest to you, maybe the people you are friends with suck. Or maybe you're still in high school. Dunno. Facebook is a kinda fun way to keep in contact with people who aren't exactly close enough for me to chat with on the phone from time to time (because this isn't a thing I typically like to do) but who I still care about and miss.

If you don't like social networking, or your equivalent to my dislike of long phone conversations is a dislike of wall posts and pokes and liking stuff, then cool, but if it seems like nothing but emo-blog-posts or whatever, shrink your friends list. :P
2012-06-26, 7:28 PM #20
facebook is kind of a good way to create and plan events and invite people
2012-06-26, 7:29 PM #21
idk, that's just what I heard. personally I schedule events with via round-robin telephone calls.
2012-06-26, 9:41 PM #22
Massassi Temple is the ultimate social networking site.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-06-26, 9:57 PM #23
I actually agree with you Couchman, and I'm the same way. I just assumed you were as afraid as I was to admit that to having "0 (pointless facebook) Friends".
2012-06-27, 8:31 AM #24
I <3 G+.

I have circled all kinds of interesting people, know more about science than i did before G+. I don't know, I tend to use it as the place i get news worth reading (i.e. - something i'm actually interested in.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2012-06-27, 9:12 AM #25
I use facebook for the chicks.

In all seriousness the only appeal the book's ever had for me was to keep in touch with older, more distant friends like my highschool pals. I'll occasionally post on it, but I most don't bother.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-06-27, 9:51 AM #26
There's a lot to hate about Facebook but there's also a lot to like. They do just enough right to keep me from caring too much about the wrong. It's also a great way to keep in touch with family & friends when you're living overseas. Google+ is OK & I use it from time to time but unless my family & friends all make the transition, I won't be using it more.
? :)
2012-06-30, 6:06 AM #27
I'm on facebook to chat with my wife while underway. Other than that, I occasionally (ie rarely more than once a week, if that) update my status or post on other peoples' status/comments. I do like looking at people's pictures and stuff though.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-06-30, 8:43 AM #28
i mainly use facebook because there is a group that posts interesting and important stuff that goes out over the police, fire, and ems radios

before i learned about that i rarely even checked it
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!