Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Aqua Balls - an Android game I made
Aqua Balls - an Android game I made
2012-06-29, 5:12 AM #1
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.woggle.aquaballs

Aqua Balls is a portrait-mode tilting super fill-up game. It's simple but we (my brother and I) think it's polished. You press and hold to grow the Aqua Balls, and the goal is to fill up the screen with them. Angry Balls pop your Aqua Balls as they are growing, but once they are complete they become invulnerable. There's a few worlds right now but we will add more as we think of ideas.

This is pretty much the definition of indy development. This was produced over the last 3 months with my brother during our free time after work and on weekends. Somehow he thought I was a good enough artist to contribute, and I also know how to program and java is very quick to pick up. In the end it was about a 50/50 effort. I don't really know what we expect out of the project. It would be nice to recoup the play store registration fee through ad sales but I have no idea how popular it will be.

It's a free game, and I promise there is no malware or notification things.

Comments and ratings in the play store are greatly appreciated. Oh and downloads :)

Also please post any suggestions or ideas here, I like feedback.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2012-06-29, 10:07 AM #2
Just tested it out, pretty snazzy stuff. Reminds me of JezzBall/Maxwell's Maniac a bit which is a definite plus. Definite addictiveness potential.

One bug, though. In the menu, something keeps flickering in the background (the title perhaps?) but the gameplay itself is smooth. I've got HTC Desire w/ Android 2.2.2.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-06-29, 10:37 AM #3
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Just tested it out, pretty snazzy stuff. Reminds me of JezzBall/Maxwell's Maniac a bit which is a definite plus. Definite addictiveness potential.

One bug, though. In the menu, something keeps flickering in the background (the title perhaps?) but the gameplay itself is smooth. I've got HTC Desire w/ Android 2.2.2.

It's hard to test things on android. We have three devices between the two of us and it works flawlessly on all of them, but beyond that, difficult. Sorry is doesn't work right. Did you try turning the graphics setting down? The desire is quite old.
2012-06-29, 10:40 AM #4
Should really rethink the usage of the menu button. ICS is doing away with it, and there's plenty of room in the status bar up top to put a menu button. This would eliminate the incredibly tacky, space-reducing menu button that appears on ICS devices.
2012-06-29, 3:06 PM #5
we have plans for that space. an onscreen menu button had been a consideration, but there isn't really enough space and the menu function isn't very important. i do agree though. even at the moment ICS has 7% market share which will quickly grow, so it's probably time to start thinking about those devices.

↑ Up to the top!