Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Amazing Spiderman
The Amazing Spiderman
2012-07-03, 6:58 PM #1
very well done... some changes were made to the standard origin story but all the changes worked quite well

i was right about the first person sequence shown in the original teaser trailer it was used for the costume reveal (there is a very short bit of it at the end of the film as well)

Stan Lee's cameo in this one was probably the best of all the cameos he has done in Marvel films

this one has me very excited for the sequel

and BTW the 3D looks very good on this one
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-07-04, 5:21 AM #2
Going to see it tonight; really looking forward to it.
2012-07-04, 10:29 AM #3
Spoiler alert: Peter Parker gets bit by a radioactive spider, gains powers based on spiders, and his uncle Ben DIES and it makes Peter Parker feel that because he has now gotten great power, he also has great responsibility.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2012-07-04, 11:15 AM #4
Previews kind of made spider man look like a dick.
2012-07-04, 11:35 AM #5
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Spoiler alert: Peter Parker gets bit by a radioactive spider, gains powers based on spiders, and his uncle Ben DIES and it makes Peter Parker feel that because he has now gotten great power, he also has great responsibility.

you son of a *****
2012-07-04, 11:38 AM #6
Wait... I thought he fell in a well filled with spiders, and his parents were shot outside a theater!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-07-04, 11:49 AM #7
Despite what you think, Peter isn't all that smart in this movie....he uses Bing.

Anyhow, I just came back so the movie is still fresh on the mind. I agree with the critics that the first two Raimi movies are better. While I'm not quite as harsh with the movie retreading similar grounds, the movie does kind of lack an identity. There are unresolved subplots and the pacing feels a bit off (you don't see Peter don the costume until 57 minutes in). Gwen and Peter has some decent chemistry (they should considering Emma is dating Andrew in real life), but it isn't really anything better than the original. The Lizard also felt uninspired, feeling way too much like Doc Ock (minus the arms and obsession with Sunny-D).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the movie (7.4/10), and really liked Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, but the movie lack that freshness and excitement.
2012-07-04, 12:43 PM #8
Originally posted by JM:
Previews kind of made spider man look like a dick.

a lot of times spider man is kind of a dick.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-07-06, 3:05 PM #9
Just got back from seeing it. I liked it more than the Raimi films. Sure it struggled slightly in places, and the large emphasis on there being a big secret was never met, I still enjoyed it very much. There was some complaint about it being 50 minutes into the film before Peter wears his Spider-Man suit. Though in the case of the comic books it has always felt that the conflict is always very personal for Peter, and that the suit is more of a shield for his identity while he tries to find a resolution. I'm excited for the sequel and how not having to rehash the origin story will do for it.
My blawgh.
2012-07-07, 10:00 PM #10
It was better than Spider-Man 3, but that isn't too hard to do.

In short, these are my thoughts; great cast, acting, and directing, but where this movie suffers is a flat script and terrible, terrible editing. I think there must have been a good 30-40 minutes cut out of this movie, as they obviously cut the "untold story" plot (evidenced in many scenes in the trailer not in the final movie). Scenes were jumbled together like a series of vignettes rather than a consistent story because of that.

I guess they could have done worse (Spider-Man 3) for a movie they only made to maintain the rights to the property.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that any eventual sequels are better, but overall I was left feeling "muh" to "well, it's alright."
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2012-07-10, 5:01 PM #11
I loved it. I thought it was quite a bit better than all three of the previous films. The actors were just a whole level above the previous cast. I had no problem with the amount of time it took to get to the Spider-man scenes; I enjoyed the chemistry between all of the characters in Peter's life so much that I could have watched an entire movie about them with no Spider-man at all.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.

↑ Up to the top!