Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → speaker suggestions
speaker suggestions
2012-08-06, 3:27 PM #1
I would like to buy some new speakers for listening to music (not gaming). I want to be able to plug them into th headphone jack on my compiter or ipod. I don't really care if they're 'computer speakers' or not. I used to have some old Yamaha speakers that were great for listening ro tunea. Then when those died I got a set of Logitech ones that were *terrible*. What do you gentlemen suggest?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-08-06, 3:41 PM #2
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-08-06, 3:58 PM #3
I'm looking at them now on the Klipsch page. I should add that I want to be able to move around a bit when I listen, I don't want to be stuck in my desk chair. This was the big problem with the logitech speakers, there was a very small area where you had to position yourself otherwise you lost a bunch of the sounds. Also the subwoofer was way too loud even on the lowest setting...

That's what was so great about the Yamaha speakers (I wish I could remember what model they were). It wasn't like I was stuck in one spot for listening. I might check out some actual audio stores where I imagine they'll let you try out the gear but if I can get good sounding computer speakers for cheaper, why not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-08-06, 3:59 PM #4
Personally I'd look at Craigslist for an amp from an old seperates system and the speakers, but I've got a set of Acoustic Energy Aego Ms and they're kickass.
nope.
2012-08-06, 4:03 PM #5
Originally posted by Emon:
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Seconded. Going on like 8 years or more with mine now.
2012-08-06, 4:09 PM #6
you REALLY need to specify a price range

i could sit here all day recommending $1000+ studio monitors
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-08-06, 4:24 PM #7
Let's say sub $400 for the whole set.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!