Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I think I found happiness...
I think I found happiness...
2012-09-06, 9:50 PM #1
Made a huge life change last year...joined the national guard, nearly got married...got dumped a month after i completed basic, right before valentines day. awesome. had to move out, found a place that i can just rent a room, been working at walmart part time 5-10, it sucks but whatever i get away with whatever, anyways leaving for my first deployment and got a lease on my place, and with the bah i get for being in ng, i get like over twice the amount i pay for the place, and this is with utilities included, so when i get back i'll be able to have enough money for another year and then a bunch extra with the non bah money. i should have enough in my bank by the time i get back that i can just never have to work at retail or any bull**** job ever again, but already made plans on how my accounts are going to be set up. one for rent that autopays it, and another for allotting me spendable money so i dont go and buy a bunch of **** i don't need (or give it all away at the bar). Since I live close enough to town I won't need to worry about the expense of a vehicle.

so happy though, my only problem will probably be loneliness, which I will fix by going back to college, I'll be about 30 years old by then. :D

Has anybody else on here found happiness that doesn't require working about 1/3 of their lives away?
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2012-09-06, 11:13 PM #2
Nope. Congrats.
2012-09-07, 2:05 AM #3
actually, i sort of have. Under VERY unexpected circumstances though... Lost my job, Got divorced, Had to move back in with my parents. Used a good portion of my unemployment to go to school and get certified as a phlebotomist. Once i was certified found out you realistically have to have a solid 6 months prior experience before ANY medical establishment will touch your resume. So, thus far sounds pretty s**t-tastic.

last week found out about and went to an orientation for volunteering as a phlebotomist at a free medical/dental clinic. The place JUST opened within the past two weeks and will take just about anyone who can volunteer their time. Updated my resume to show i was volunteering at this place and sent it out to most of the places i applied before and i actually got calls back from two of the places today. so with some luck i will soon be back on my own and employed AND still volunteering because this place is pretty awesome.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-09-07, 4:21 AM #4
Nope! I'm looking into doing a postgrad masters to improve things.
nope.
2012-09-07, 8:33 AM #5
Yes, but I work about 4/3's of my life and I enjoy it...
2012-09-07, 8:36 AM #6
Originally posted by ragna:

too bad you didn't work that hard in math, bro
2012-09-07, 9:05 AM #7
Originally posted by ragna:

4/3rds of your life. So that means you started working in the womb. If we assume you started working at conception, that means you are 27 months old. I'm fairly sure you're breaking some sort of COPPA law posting here. Guess I better ban.
2012-09-07, 9:27 AM #8
I work a little over 1/5 of my life (if you look at it on a yearly basis of hours worked / total hours in a year) and enjoy the hell out of, so yeah...
2012-09-07, 1:37 PM #9
Things actually aren't bad for me - despite getting evicted and having to take a 2,700 e (~3,500 Liberty Dollars) loan in this economy. Well, in the first case it's not really the worst (or even that bad) kind of eviction but I never asked for this to happen now. For the latter, well, I managed to maintain a principle of not owing anything to anyone for over 2 decades so I feel a bit bumemd (not counting any short-term bills in the principle). I still consider to have highly un-succeeded in my GOALS, HOPES, DREAMS and TRADEMARKS years ago so now I'm just grasping for something to do anyhow.

Anyway, since embarking on a regular program of asexual narcissistic endorphin releases, I've realized that I've mellowed down quite a bit in these past few years. Cool beans.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-09-07, 8:26 PM #10
Masturbation does not count as a hobby.
2012-09-08, 4:13 AM #11
Perhaps you're CavEmaN who disappeared in 2006ish and who I tried to contact in 2009 so he could give me most of this stuff for TODOA. Never replied back, though... ...
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-09-08, 4:21 AM #12
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I still consider to have highly un-succeeded in my GOALS, HOPES, DREAMS and TRADEMARKS years ago so now I'm just grasping for something to do anyhow.

seriously, start a band. it is one of the most awesome things EVAR!!! then you too can be drunk at 4 in the morning eating burritos!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-09-08, 4:58 AM #13
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Perhaps you're CavEmaN who disappeared in 2006ish and who I tried to contact in 2009 so he could give me most of this stuff for TODOA. Never replied back, though... ...

I wouldn't have been able to produce the models on that page.

(There is no cow level.)
2012-09-08, 5:44 AM #14
I find happiness in every day.

Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
seriously, start a band. it is one of the most awesome things EVAR!!! then you too can be drunk at 4 in the morning eating burritos!

**** you, I do this at work.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-09-08, 7:25 AM #15
I'm fairly pleased with my life at the moment. I don't routinely hate my job, and I just got offered a promotion the other day. I also have my Mustang, which keeps me fairly happy, even though the consensus around here is that it's a hideous pile of ****.
>>untie shoes
2012-09-08, 8:05 AM #16
what is happy
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-09-08, 8:07 AM #17
Happy is Notre Dame beating Purdue today. I'll get back to you at about 8pm.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!