Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → does this component exist
does this component exist
2012-10-01, 9:46 PM #1
Is there such a thing as a PCIe x1 expansion card that has a 1394 port and a USB 3.0 port on there?
2012-10-01, 9:54 PM #2
Both on one card? I highly doubt it, that's a rather specific use case. Why do you even want that?

(Reason you're having so much trouble is Firewire is basically old tech now. USB 2.0 is common on them, but not 3.0.)
2012-10-01, 10:09 PM #3
I have a video camera that uses Firewire and would also like to have USB 3.0 on this PC, but the only available slot on my PC is a PCIe x1 slot. There doesn't seem to be any headers for either either.

It's right by my video card too which is annoying. I feel like using it would block most of one of the fans on the video card.
2012-10-01, 10:21 PM #4
No plain jane PCI slots? Firewire works fine on them.

Otherwise, you'll have to bite the bullet and pick one or the other. What you want isn't being made right now (if ever).
2012-10-02, 4:32 AM #5
Yeah, I have an expansion card that has firewire and usb 2.0, but I've never seen one otherwise.

Simple solution: Buy a camera with solid state storage!
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!