Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → NaNoWriMo 2012
NaNoWriMo 2012
2012-11-13, 2:34 PM #1
Anyone doing it this year? I'm only asking because I remember seeing NaNoWriMo threads here from years past...

For those not sure what it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Novel_Writing_Month

The Budapest local liaisons are a pair of sweet and kind young ladies who organized the Kick-Off meeting in a bookstore as well as Write-Ins throughout the month (basically people come to the said bookstore and just write for 3-4 hours). Got to meet a bunch of people sharing similar interests, which doesn't happen too often for me, everyone spoke fluent English, was fun...

I'm at 1,700 words out of 50,000 but am off work from Thursday and until the end of the month, so hopefully will be able to do a "writing full time" spiel for 15 days. Literally all I'm planning on doing is drinking whiskey, pumping iron (have free access to a gym that's practically next street to me) and writing my effing book.

Anyone giving it a go? If so, post your first line!

Here's mine:

[quote=Koobie's NaNoWriMo WIP of IMMINENT DOOM] Gabriel Kitch shared the cargo hold with three custom motorcycles and a goat. [/SIZE][/quote]

Obviously, it only gets worse from there... :)
幻術
2012-11-13, 3:59 PM #2
Not competing this year for once, but I am plugging away on a project. Took a week off work to run away to a gorgeous rustic cottage in an undisclosed location. (See Camhoez thread for screenshot proof).

First line:
Quote:
Alex had been fourteen the first time he got to die.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2012-11-13, 4:10 PM #3
All I saw of the gorgeous rustic cottage in that pic was the gorgeous sofa, but it sure looked gorgeous. :) Cool, cool. Could you finish the 50k before? This is the first year I'm trying, and I'm pretty motivated to see it through. Never wrote a story longer than 5 (or maybe 6) thousand words though, so I'm curious how it'll turn out.
幻術
2012-11-13, 4:13 PM #4
Originally posted by Koobie:
All I saw of the gorgeous rustic cottage in that pic was the gorgeous sofa, but it sure looked gorgeous. :) Cool, cool. Could you finish the 50k before? This is the first year I'm trying, and I'm pretty motivated to see it through. Never wrote a story longer than 5 (or maybe 6) thousand words though, so I'm curious how it'll turn out.

Yeah I finished the last time around I did it. Forget which year now. Since then I've just been working on things at my own pace through the year since I don't have anything to prove. :P
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

↑ Up to the top!