Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → where to play JK, JO, JKA
where to play JK, JO, JKA
2012-11-30, 4:05 PM #1
hey guys, I used to play JK way back when it was still on the gaming zone. I tried to come back to it in 2007 when i was able to get back into gaming as school and life got busy. I found out that gaming zone was shut down (thank you microsoft) and so now i am not sure where to play JK again. where would you guys reccomend playing JK? is there any place with a good community of JK gamers left? also, i have trouble running it on my windows 7 pc. If i bought the steam version of the game does it run on pc well and is there a windows 7 version of jk patch commander that can hold all the mods i used to hold so dear? thanks guys.
2012-11-30, 4:33 PM #2
check out this thread: http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?56665-Jedi-Knight-issues for help with getting JK to run. I'm sure someone will also post the essential info here if you don't feel like wading through that thread. Good luck!
2012-11-30, 6:11 PM #3
To be honest, you should move on to a new game. JK is a great game, but it's old and you will always be struggling to find people to play with. If you want a good multiplayer PC game, check out Planetside 2. It's free to download and play, unless you want a membership for extra perks.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-11-30, 6:16 PM #4
Quote:
To be honest, you should move on to a new game.

NO
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-11-30, 8:59 PM #5
Move on, says the guy posting on a forum dedicated to a 15 year old game that has around 10% of the population it did at peak.
2012-12-01, 4:14 AM #6
Originally posted by Tibby:
Move on, says the guy posting on a forum dedicated to a 15 year old game that has around 10% of the population it did at peak.

You weren't even around at this site's "peak".
>>untie shoes
2012-12-01, 4:46 AM #7
toku49, check out JKHub i.e. the active JK editing community.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-12-01, 7:40 AM #8
It cracks me up when people say "a site dedicated to a fifteen year old game blah blah blah we're all stuck in the past"

we don't even ever talk about jk, come on

forums.massassi.net is about the flirtatious relationship between antony and michael macfarlane, which is now apparently in its twilight, and FGR's grandstanding

:cool:
2012-12-01, 7:53 AM #9
thx sabs

Also, how things change.

Man, Wolfenstein 3D editing is still way more active than JK's has been in ... 10 years, really. And oddest thing of all, new editors still take up Wolf3D editing! Fuh-reaky.
2012-12-01, 9:22 PM #10
Originally posted by saberopus:
forums.massassi.net is about the flirtatious relationship between antony and michael macfarlane, which is now apparently in its twilight

NO ONE TOLD ME!
>>untie shoes
2012-12-03, 4:57 PM #11
Originally posted by Antony:
You weren't even around at this site's "peak".

Were you?
2012-12-03, 5:47 PM #12
Originally posted by Vin:
Were you?

Well, were YOU?
2012-12-03, 7:41 PM #13
Originally posted by Vin:
Were you?

This isn't my first account, holmes.
>>untie shoes
2012-12-04, 6:46 AM #14
Remember how big of a douchebag Bill was

RIP
2012-12-04, 6:58 AM #15
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
thx sabs

Also, how things change.

Man, Wolfenstein 3D editing is still way more active than JK's has been in ... 10 years, really. And oddest thing of all, new editors still take up Wolf3D editing! Fuh-reaky.

Talking about Wolfenstein, has anyone played Brutal Doom?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

Looks... BRUTAL!
幻術
2012-12-04, 1:52 PM #16
thx sabs

Also, how things change.

Well to be fair Wolfenstein was a bit more widespread and is remembered more than JK is.
2012-12-05, 6:33 AM #17
Originally posted by Koobie:
Talking about Wolfenstein, has anyone played Brutal Doom?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

Looks... BRUTAL!

Talking about Doom, this Berserker Quake 2 renderer (and the texture pack) is pretty much the mb's knees. Finally played through Q2 after 14 years >_>

(Word of warning, it doesn't work that well with the expansion packs)
2012-12-05, 1:04 PM #18
Woah, that looks good​. I'm currently playing Doom 3 with SIIKMOD with Wulfen Texture Pack, that's pretty groovy as well. So yeah, lots of talented folks round the world. Guess that's partially why PC's always been my gaming machine of choice...
幻術
2012-12-05, 2:38 PM #19
Talking about Doom, this Berserker Quake 2 renderer (and the texture pack) is pretty much the mb's knees. Finally played through Q2 after 14 years >_>

(Word of warning, it doesn't work that well with the expansion packs)

Quake 2 & JKDF2 were the 1st 2 games that I really got in to. I'm going to have to give this a shot--it looks really nice.
? :)
2012-12-05, 4:25 PM #20
antony just kidding sorry
2012-12-08, 8:30 PM #21
Originally posted by saberopus:
antony just kidding sorry

>>untie shoes
2012-12-08, 8:32 PM #22
Hey guys, I just got here, what's going on?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-12-08, 8:39 PM #23

I'll tell you what, guys. I love this Michael MacFarlane. This guy went to law school, you know that? No surprise he doesn't commit many penalties.
>>untie shoes
2012-12-08, 11:59 PM #24
[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/22/EmmittSmith2007_%28crop%29.jpg/200px-EmmittSmith2007_%28crop%29.jpg]

Pebble teas!? Jar, you've been spending too much time in Aridzoner, where, coincidentally, I played my final dames. This Michael McFadden may have gone to raw school, but Andre Roberts went to the Citadel, which is way rawer.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-12-09, 4:36 AM #25
Originally posted by Antony:

Your name is spelled 'Antony'. Not 'Anteater'.
2012-12-09, 6:05 AM #26
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
[http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/22/EmmittSmith2007_%28crop%29.jpg/200px-EmmittSmith2007_%28crop%29.jpg]

Pebble teas!? Jar, you've been spending too much time in Aridzoner, where, coincidentally, I played my final dames. This Michael McFadden may have gone to raw school, but Andre Roberts went to the Citadel, which is way rawer.

You said it, brother. This Emmitt Smith, guys, I tell ya what. I call him the washing machine. Guy was always spinning around. Can you imagine if we woulda had him an' refrigerator Perrry on the same football team? Coulda' called them the Dallas Appliances because they'd clean up ten times outta ten.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!