Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Humble Indie Bundle 7
Humble Indie Bundle 7
2012-12-20, 4:26 AM #1
https://www.humblebundle.com/

It's worth it for Indie Game: The Movie, alone.
? :)
2012-12-20, 8:31 AM #2
I heard nothing but bad things about that movie. Is it really​ worth it?
2012-12-20, 8:40 AM #3
I thought the movie was awesome. I could see why some people wouldn't like it though. The developer of Fez becomes increasingly more frustrated and suicidal as it progresses, but I thought that was the best part.
My blawgh.
2012-12-20, 9:30 AM #4
I just heard it was an overly dramatic, fakey look at "game development", despite the use of the developers in the movie.
2012-12-20, 9:47 AM #5
There's a chance I'll have a free copy of the movie, I was giving away steam keys at OCN but it seems like no one over there has any interest in this item. I'll let you know shortly.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-12-20, 10:21 AM #6
Looking forward to having all of the Dungeon Defenders DLC. Also The last Bundle was pretty great too- SR3 for ~$7, CoH expansions, awesome.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2012-12-20, 12:20 PM #7
i bought it for the soundtracks
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-12-21, 4:02 AM #8
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I just heard it was an overly dramatic, fakey look at "game development", despite the use of the developers in the movie.

It was certainly dramatic at parts but I didn't think the drama was over-the-top. If they're referring to the FEZ guy--he's appears to be a quirky guy that was in a stressful situation (e.g. legal battle). One of the Super Meat Boy guys seemed to be relatively stable, despite his partner also buckling a bit under the stress. I can't comment as to whether or not the situations were exagerated (I've never worked on an Indie Game) but it never struck me as being implausible. I have no doubt that these types of things can be emotionally overwhelming for a lot of people (especially those that may already have issues). I know people that have buckled under far less.

On a side note, for those of us that are in the Linux Steam Beta--none of the games appear to be working when adding them via Steam keys. You'll likely have to install them manually, unless something has changed since reading this.
? :)

↑ Up to the top!