Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What operating system do you post/browse massassi from most?
What operating system do you post/browse massassi from most?
2013-01-04, 9:42 PM #81
Originally posted by Dormouse:
And then this looming bulwark for Steam purposes: http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g73jh/

how much did you spend on that piece of **** and why don't you just have a desktop
2013-01-05, 1:05 AM #82
Originally posted by Emon:
My friends with Macs actually have frequent complaints, always hacking around with some ****ty package management. They tell me "well, you'd THINK it would be like using Linux with a good UI, but..." maybe it's better for C++ development

It has a better C++ IDE, but other than that it's not really any different than Linux.

You shouldn't be using the system package manager for development in most cases: 1.) the tools and libraries are usually out of date, 2.) most languages provide their own package management, 3.) system package managers are historically bad at handling multiple side-by-side library versions, so you can't build or test your project against any specific dependency version, and 4.) when libraries can live side-by-side, you'll still pollute your system with the dependencies for all of your projects.

So, yeah. OSX totally has bad package management, which hurts software users and distributors - not so much developers.
2013-01-05, 6:23 AM #83
And then this looming bulwark for Steam purposes: http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g73jh/

What is this download link am I to believe you can download a laptop
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2013-01-05, 11:47 AM #84
Originally posted by Tibby:
how much did you spend on that piece of **** and why don't you just have a desktop

It was surprisingly cheap actually. Like your mother was. About 600USD refurbished I think. And because when I move around to a different table or house, I want to move one thing, not a keyboard and a monitor and a case. The only non-laptop I suffer to keep around is the shuttle PC my server is built into.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2013-01-05, 2:27 PM #85
It was surprisingly cheap actually. Like your mother was. About 600USD refurbished I think. And because when I move around to a different table or house, I want to move one thing, not a keyboard and a monitor and a case. The only non-laptop I suffer to keep around is the shuttle PC my server is built into.

Why are you even moving around so much... ?
2013-01-05, 3:13 PM #86
Originally posted by ragna:
Why are you even moving around so much... ?

I've already said too much!
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2013-01-05, 9:05 PM #87

Oh okay 600 USD is fine, I was judging you on the basis that you spent 2 grand on it.
2013-01-07, 11:43 AM #88
Originally posted by Tibby:
I was judging you

i hope someone throat****s you with a soup ladle
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2013-01-07, 12:25 PM #89
Four wildcards eh, I choose "Feed"
Yes, please feed me in the throat with a soup ladle, with what I assume is soup.
2013-01-07, 2:24 PM #90
No, it'll be soap.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2013-01-07, 4:14 PM #91
Good enough for me!

↑ Up to the top!