Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fox sides with gays
Fox sides with gays
2013-01-14, 9:05 PM #1
end of the world?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/01/14/star-wars-game-segregates-gay-characters-on-gay-planet/
2013-01-14, 9:15 PM #2
I dunno about siding with gays, that article sounded surprisingly neutral
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-01-14, 10:05 PM #3
question... can there be human/droid romance?

when will they cater to those gamers?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2013-01-14, 10:14 PM #4
so like R2 with a vibrator?
2013-01-14, 10:45 PM #5
i was thinking more revan on hk47 action... "who's your meatbag"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2013-01-16, 10:01 PM #6
I'm immediately skeptical of anything Fox News has to say about a BioWare game. So naturally, I clicked through to the blog post they linked, and in reality, same-sex flirtation options exist only on Makeb because they didn't exist in the game before and this is the only new content BioWare is releasing in this update. The post even explicitly says that they're working on implementing additional same-sex romance content.

But yes, the surprising thing is not that they're wrong, it's that they're wrong on this side of the issue. I wouldn't even call it so much "siding with gays" as "pretending someone else is more intolerant than they are."
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-01-16, 10:12 PM #7
I was going to ask why there is even romance "programmed" in the first place, then i remembered... oh yeah... MMORPG
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-01-17, 3:13 AM #8
Sorry to take the spotlight off the gays, but if we're talking about MMORPGs again, did anyone play Guild Wars 2? It got Game of the Year from IGN and was just praised over and over again by everyone. Only MMORPGs I ever tried were TOR (didn't like, even though was trying hard to) and Guild Wars 1 (trial version, played maybe 2 or 3 hours, was okay). People saying it's the WoW killer, etc, etc. Thoughts?
幻術
2013-01-17, 4:53 AM #9
I don't think "WoW killer" is anywhere near the kind of title it had been many years ago
2013-01-17, 5:59 AM #10
nothing will be a WoW killer, you think someone that has been playing WoW through all the expansions will just throw their hands up and say **** it after all that invested time and money? WoW has been out for almost 10 years now hasnt it?
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2013-01-17, 7:31 AM #11
I play Guild Wars 2, I like it, but I sided with the straights instead of the gays in World vs. World mode.
2013-01-17, 11:53 AM #12
Quote:
“Star Wars is a family based story with nothing to do with SGR,” one gamer wrote on the forums. “Please, please, please Bioware, Lucasarts, and EA do not allow SGR in Star Wars The Old Republic. It will ruin the game and make a lot of people leave it.”

That statement makes me sick to my stomach.[/FONT]
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2013-01-17, 2:15 PM #13
uh, what's SGR? The first thing I thought of was "Single Gay Romance." Nice.
2013-01-17, 2:15 PM #14
Sucking Gay Rods?
2013-01-17, 2:16 PM #15
"Star Wars is a family based story and has nothing to do with sucking gay rods."
2013-01-17, 6:17 PM #16
Originally posted by The_Lost_One:
nothing will be a WoW killer, you think someone that has been playing WoW through all the expansions will just throw their hands up and say **** it after all that invested time and money? WoW has been out for almost 10 years now hasnt it?

It has, but it's population has died off quite a bit, mostly because playing the same game for 10 years tends to bore people
2013-01-17, 7:18 PM #17
Originally posted by Deadman:
It has, but it's population has died off quite a bit, mostly because playing the same game for 10 years tends to bore people

we wouldn't know anything about that... :ninja:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-01-17, 8:21 PM #18
Where are these "thousands of angry gamers?"
2013-01-17, 8:43 PM #19
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-01-17, 11:19 PM #20
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
I was going to ask why there is even romance "programmed" in the first place, then i remembered... oh yeah... MMORPG

I would say programming any romances, or indeed any serious NPC-PC social interactions into an MMO is entirely wrong, myself.

-But hey, all Bioware knows is single player campaigns, so how mad can we be that they made a single player MMO.
2013-01-18, 6:27 AM #21
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
we wouldn't know anything about that... :ninja:

Certainly not!!!
2013-01-18, 1:33 PM #22
So is there a Deathstar in the game that could blow up this planet?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-01-18, 7:20 PM #23
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
So is there a Deathstar in the game that could blow up this planet?

Well, it'd be awfully disappointing if there was a Death Star in the game that couldn't blow up this planet.
2013-01-19, 7:48 AM #24
Yeah, that's like a lawyer who doesn't practice law. :v:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-01-22, 5:12 PM #25
Fox Sides With Gays. Satan Claus Has Come To Town.
幻術
2013-01-22, 5:32 PM #26
The only way to make a WoW killer is to go back in time and kill WoW. MMOs don't have the sort of popularity they had back then so they will never beat WoW.
2013-01-22, 11:44 PM #27
Yeah, OK, "WoW killer" is probably a bad choice of words, but basically when I say it I mean "best MMO on the market". But haven't played, so don't know. Right now am _mega-into_ Witcher 2, probably the best game I've played since Skyrim. Hell, I think I like it _better_ than Skyrim, even. Also X-Com: Enemy Unknown, though on Classic difficulty it's pretty punishing... Will try Normal once the Aliens finally take over the world.

Originally posted by saberopus:
"Star Wars is a family based story and has nothing to do with sucking gay rods."

I laughed out loud. :D
幻術
2013-01-23, 4:56 AM #28
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Yeah, that's like a lawyer who doesn't practice law. :v:

Ha! You're too late!
2013-01-23, 6:28 AM #29
Koober I am also in the middle of the Witcher 2. It's so great. The dialogue is so well written that occasionally I snap out of it and realize I haven't even been paying attention to the writing. Unlike, for example, ****ing Mass Effect 3 "Shepard, the Reapers are here, what do we do?!" "Do?! This isn't about strategy or tactics, it's about survival.​"
2013-01-23, 7:04 PM #30
Koober I am also in the middle of the Witcher 2. It's so great. The dialogue is so well written that occasionally I snap out of it and realize I haven't even been paying attention to the writing.

This sounds like the exact opposite of the original.
2013-01-23, 7:20 PM #31
Koober I am also in the middle of the Witcher 2. It's so great. The dialogue is so well written that occasionally I snap out of it and realize I haven't even been paying attention to the writing. Unlike, for example, ****ing Mass Effect 3 "Shepard, the Reapers are here, what do we do?!" "Do?! This isn't about strategy or tactics, it's about survival.​"

But Mass Effect 3 also had this exchange:

"You guys play cards?"
"Games of chance were punishable by death in my society."
"Oh yeah, of course, because that's totally ****ing reasonable."

So I forgive it all of its other dialogue sins.
>>untie shoes
2013-01-23, 7:25 PM #32
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i was thinking more revan on hk47 action... "who's your meatbag"

I would play the hell out of that romance line...
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2013-01-23, 7:33 PM #33
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
This sounds like the exact opposite of the original.

Never played it :3

↑ Up to the top!