Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Symantec and O2 deem anti-feminism as 'hate'
Symantec and O2 deem anti-feminism as 'hate'
2013-03-15, 7:55 PM #81
Originally posted by Reid:
Ironically, 'patriarchy hurts everyone' is one of the feminist arguments to any of man's problems in society.

They're right.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-03-15, 7:55 PM #82
Originally posted by Jon`C:
itt attentive people begin to realize that basically all of our problems are caused by capitalism, with the many minor social injustices of race and gender thrown in to distract us from the massive and systemic inequality we all live under constantly

well, when I originally read the thread topic ("men's rights"), my first thought was in fact the fly on the elephant's butt.
2013-03-15, 8:02 PM #83
2013-03-15, 8:04 PM #84
I think he was referring to male chauvinism.

Edit: Damn! I should have posted this yesterday on March 14th.
2013-03-15, 10:14 PM #85
itt attentive people begin to realize that basically all of our problems are caused by capitalism, with the many minor social injustices of race and gender thrown in to distract us from the massive and systemic inequality we all live under constantly

You're really going with the whole, "All of societies problems can be attributed to this one highly generalized social institution that I don't like" thing?
2013-03-15, 10:38 PM #86
possessive
2013-03-15, 10:50 PM #87
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
You're really going with the whole, "All of societies problems can be attributed to this one highly generalized social institution that I don't like" thing?

yeah sure, let's all embrace our childhood programming and keep pretending that rent-seeking isn't the ultimate, final, and inevitable aspiration of all self-titled capitalists.
2013-03-15, 11:01 PM #88
My final aspiration is to subjugate women.
>>untie shoes
2013-03-16, 8:09 PM #89
yeah sure, let's all embrace our childhood programming and keep pretending that rent-seeking isn't the ultimate, final, and inevitable aspiration of all self-titled capitalists.

The idealized capitalist "agent" will seek to maximize their own personal wealth through whatever means available to them. Rent-seeking is just one possible means to an end. There is no reason to believe that the idealized free agent or the real world capitalist see rent seeking as an end rather than a means. Reality bears this out.

Certainly this is an issue, but it's an issue in almost any conceivable social structure, and unless you are just calling "capitalism" "anarcho-capitalism", than it's not catastrophic. Besides that, there are plenty of other fundamental human tendencies that tend to compromise social orders. If you had a real solution, you could make it happen.
2013-03-16, 9:14 PM #90
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The idealized capitalist "agent" will seek to maximize their own personal wealth through whatever means available to them. Rent-seeking is just one possible means to an end. There is no reason to believe that the idealized free agent or the real world capitalist see rent seeking as an end rather than a means. Reality bears this out.
No it doesn't. In reality, rent-seeking is the end. Rent-seeking is the ultimate minimization of expense and maximization of profit. The massive and growing influence of finance, in spite of producing nothing and consuming nothing, is irrefutable proof that the ultimate form of capitalism is dysfunctional and useless; a world where companies don't make products because they would have to spend money on employees, where billion-dollar advertising campaigns are launched, not to convince people to buy things, but to convince bankers that things are being sold. The world we live in today.

Quote:
If you had a real solution, you could make it happen.
oh hey, the power of the individual to create change in a democracy. speaking of more things we are programmed to believe as children,
2013-03-17, 12:56 AM #91
grammar again, obi wan

singular
singular
s/than/then
2013-03-17, 2:01 AM #92
where billion-dollar advertising campaigns are launched, not to convince people to buy things, but to convince bankers that things are being sold. The world we live in today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7UlE-o8DQQ
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2013-03-17, 2:50 AM #93
2013-03-18, 4:01 AM #94
Originally posted by Reid:
people are powerless in democracy and psychopaths/sociopaths dominate meritocracy.

psychopathy is understudied seeing as it's by far the most socially destructive mental disorder of all.
Well, of course. Can you imagine a world where they could screen for it? God... who would work for the government then?

lol @ intellectual midgets who still believe in representative democracy. It's a popularity contest between two identical people, hand-picked by the nobility. In Canada they don't even pretend anymore; the Liberal party rigged their leadership race so the legacy candidate would automatically win, even though he's an election-losing entitled brat who most of the country despises.

Someone please tell me a country I can move to that has a future. tia.
2013-03-18, 4:44 PM #95
Liberia. Just like USA but better.

↑ Up to the top!