Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Copywriting Company NAME zomg
Copywriting Company NAME zomg
2013-03-25, 12:24 PM #1
Which one do you like better?

Targeted at charities & design / ad companies.

I don't really like MaxCopywriting because even though I bought the .com and .co.uk domains a few months ago, everyone and their mothers are copywriting-something, not to mention that 1) not everyone even knows what copywriting is 2) I hope to be able to do more than copywriting eventually, and don't want to have a limiting title 3) Marty Neumer advises that a strong brand name usually has 4 syllables or less. :)

So far I've 2 names that seem more or less applicable. Which one do you like better? I'm open for suggestions as well!
幻術
2013-03-25, 12:35 PM #2
Can you explain LoudType and CatUnboxed?
2013-03-25, 12:37 PM #3
CatUnboxed: as in Schrodinger's Cat, once Unboxed we see it for what it really is. You have idea / company / brand, we make it what it really SHOULD be.
LoudType: we're loud type of people and we'll be loud for your brand / company / idea for you. We might also type loudly while we're at it.

And by "we" I mean "me" so far, tbh, haha.
幻術
2013-03-25, 12:40 PM #4
How about MAX POWER.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-03-25, 12:41 PM #5
Taken. Domain availability also a factor. ;)

Another idea was MundiVerba (WorldWords), but 1) VerbaMundi sounds better and makes more sense but is taken 2) Not sure I want to use a dead language.

I also briefly considered calling it FAKKOFF (www.fakkoff.com) but that'd be a bit too much heh.

Fakkoff
Only the Right Words Matter

:D:D:D
幻術
2013-03-25, 1:37 PM #6
"Professor Wordington's Magical Copy Service"
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-03-25, 2:01 PM #7
MaxCopywriting is the only one that made sense to me.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2013-03-25, 3:12 PM #8
For a company specializing in copywriting, shouldn't you know what sounds best? :confused:

Or do names not fall under copywriting?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-03-25, 3:40 PM #9
Well, I'm often curious in what other people think as well. ;)

A company's name would fall under branding, btw.
幻術
2013-03-25, 7:23 PM #10
"Wordsmith and the Typey-Typeys"
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-03-26, 12:21 AM #11
CopyRite? I mean, amirite?

Note: That appears to be taken--by the "leading copyright site on the net".
? :)
2013-03-26, 6:24 AM #12
The most successful (abccopywriting not withstanding) firms are just people's names (eg., Ben Locker & Associates) from what I've seen... But not really what I have in mind. And yeah, about CopyRrite, there's always The Write Copy. Competition is fierce. ;)
幻術
2013-03-27, 3:38 AM #13
Thanks to everyone who voted / commented.

Now, with logo! :D

[http://i.minus.com/iifKlXPuRIDv9.jpg]
幻術
2013-03-27, 9:52 AM #14
Pretty hipster there.

So ironic too with that tagline.
2013-03-27, 10:07 AM #15
Originally posted by Koobie:
Thanks to everyone who voted / commented.

Now, with logo! :D

[http://i.minus.com/iifKlXPuRIDv9.jpg]

Loco tyqe?
Iou [shovel] type?

Sorry I don't like it! It's illegible. The "L" doesn't look like an L because of the dots at the top and bottom it looks more like a stylised serif capital I. And the D... well.. it's not a D is it?

Not only that, but because it's difficult to read it doesn't really work with the word "Loud" I'd expect anyone using "loud" in their brand name to have a loud logo... bright colours, big bold text. The logo and the name just do not match up at all.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2013-03-27, 10:19 AM #16
That font would be good for a children merchandise store.
2013-03-27, 12:57 PM #17
that said, if you drew that by hand, please make a couple of the aforementioned readability tweaks and post the next iteration? It might be worth a couple more stabs before throwing it out or anything.
2013-03-27, 1:07 PM #18
If you can afford it, hire a designer.

Your branding is what will stick with your clients. But beyond that, you want a logo that can appear in multiple sizes with potentially different (but identifiable) variants based on use. You want a logo that's identifiable and attractive down to a 16x16 favicon. You also want something that shows you can actually work with, and if necessary direct, a professional designer. The only real way to nail all of that is to hire a pro.

No idea how much it would cost tho.
2013-03-27, 1:15 PM #19
I have friends that have used 99designs for side projects and gotten some surprisingly good results.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2013-03-27, 1:37 PM #20
Originally posted by Emon:
I have friends that have used 99designs for side projects and gotten some surprisingly good results.

looked up, bookmarked
2013-03-28, 7:13 AM #21
Likewise. Thanks for the tip.

And yes, hiring professionals for a design job's always the best course (hell, hiring a professional for anything usually beats amateur work), no argument there.
幻術
2013-03-28, 1:15 PM #22
Yeah, that's why I suggested a crowdsourcing site. I'm normally suspect of such things if I hadn't seen good results second hand. It does make sense... plenty of budding designers out there with serious talent that can't charge a lot for it yet.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!