Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Battlefield 4 Gameplay (AWESOMENESS)
Battlefield 4 Gameplay (AWESOMENESS)
2013-03-30, 1:57 AM #41
I like TF2, but the thing I dislike about it the most is the heavy reliance on class balance. Everyone could play their best class and still lose because they're all snipers or something.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-03-30, 7:16 AM #42
That's why you need to be good with more than one class and do what helps the team instead of doing what you're best at. You know, being a team and all.
>>untie shoes
2013-03-30, 7:19 AM #43
cs1.3 foreva :colbert:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-03-30, 7:56 AM #44
BF4 guns seem a lot more meaty and look like they have much better kick than all the guns in BF3 that have very smooth upward recoil. I'm talking about the shotgun and when the player is scoped in and shooting out the window in the beginning parts.

The game also looks fantastic.

But... bleh. I've already played through CoD4 and have BF3 Premium. Why bother with BF4 if it's more of the same?

Edit: Although, maybe the guns are just as controllable as bf3 and the person playing made no effort to compensate for recoil.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2013-03-30, 9:02 AM #45
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I like TF2, but the thing I dislike about it the most is the heavy reliance on class balance. Everyone could play their best class and still lose because they're all snipers or something.

Well, unless you're all medics. Medics can win anything anywhere. :P

That's the thing about the game though, and it's a good thing. You have to have class diversity. If you're really good with only one class, you need to branch out. The game has way more to offer than just playing sniper all the time. Besides, just about anyone can pick up medic or pyro and be useful. It's not like the basics of most classes are all that complicated. The hardest ones to play effectively are Spy, Sniper, and probably Heavy.
2013-03-30, 9:21 AM #46
In TF2 normally I play the support classes- Medic or Engineer but if the team isnt pushing objectives like they should then sometimes I gotta play Soldier,Demo,Pyro. I almost never play Sniper,Spy,Scout,Heavy unless I'm playing on a silly server and everyone makes the agreement to play as the same class. Melee only games are fun too, but its usually only a matter of time before someone spoils that.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-03-30, 10:13 AM #47
Originally posted by Freelancer:

That's the best part of it for me. It is *team* fortress after all. Not run and gun loner fortress.
2013-03-31, 8:56 AM #48
RIP Battlefield Series 1942-2142
nope.
2013-04-01, 12:21 AM #49
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Well, unless you're all medics. Medics can win anything anywhere. :P

That's the thing about the game though, and it's a good thing. You have to have class diversity. If you're really good with only one class, you need to branch out. The game has way more to offer than just playing sniper all the time. Besides, just about anyone can pick up medic or pyro and be useful. It's not like the basics of most classes are all that complicated. The hardest ones to play effectively are Spy, Sniper, and probably Heavy.

That's weird, my favorite classes to play are apparently the hardest.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2013-04-01, 8:59 AM #50
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
That's weird, my favorite classes to play are apparently the hardest.

W+M1
2013-04-02, 3:23 AM #51
Originally posted by Tracer:

Also I just fired up the first Unreal Tournament the other day: still great.

I remember when we did this on irc once. i ran around with the flechette gun and ganked everyone all day.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'

↑ Up to the top!