Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Disney shuts down Lucas Arts (not an April Fools joke, check the date)
Disney shuts down Lucas Arts (not an April Fools joke, check the date)
2013-04-04, 12:04 PM #41
Originally posted by Tracer:
welcome to massassi, mr ed! internets #1 source for jedi knight!

haha thanks man. I've been coming to massassi since last century, like most of you probably have. Every once and a while I would come to the boards and lurk but never really posted.

I'm sure I've battled it out with some of you lads on the zone back in the day
2013-04-04, 1:08 PM #42
Originally posted by Mentat:
You have failed me for the last time, LucasArts.

amazing

post of the year
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-04-05, 12:54 PM #43
[http://i.imgur.com/H7nkWrj.png]
2013-04-05, 1:09 PM #44
Hey ECHOMAN you should make a newspost about this. And use that sad Kyle picture.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-04-06, 2:18 AM #45
And mention TODOA in some form.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-04-07, 3:08 AM #46
Does that mean we don't have to follow the EULA anymore? :D Hey guys, long time no see.
2013-04-07, 4:46 AM #47
Whoa, it's HothRebel! You must be like 60 years old these days >_>

Also, I think Disney has probably transferred all of LEC's licences to themselves without explicitly announcingit ... or something laissez-faireiffic.
2013-04-07, 5:23 AM #48
60? More like 47. I'm not dead yet.
2013-04-07, 11:49 PM #49
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I really wonder how many The Matrix projects with the acronym 'TMU' there were for JA. You had Cazor's and Thrawn42689's The Matrix Unplugged but apparently The Matrix Unleashed also existed - and who knows which project used these models.

(JK3Files has been really buggy for two years now, if the files don't show up you have to reload the page a few (hundred) times)

Those models are from our mod, Salvation made them.

(He's Salvationizm on DeviantArt now, I think he was InnerSalvation or JediSalvation or something? idk)

Anyway this is sad, my friend's brother was a concept lead on 1313 :(
2013-04-08, 3:34 PM #50
So I assume 1313 is dead?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-04-29, 8:03 PM #51
I'm amazed by the devolution of LucasArts since the late 90s and early 2000s. Considering the good quality games LA released back when I was an elementary kid in the late 90s, I don't know how they lost track. Unlike most of my brethren here, I never knew the pleasure of their early adventure game classics, or of their other early Star Wars successes like TIE Fighter. However, I was raised upon Dark Forces and Jedi Knight, and I longed to play games like The Curse of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango from afar (I never got to buy those games, sadly). Now I understand why LucasArts' early games were so groundbreaking, and why they were so funny, even by today's standards. Now, I have the opportunity to enjoy Grim Fandango after so many years of never having played it, and I want to play all the rest of LA's classics. I just wish that LA wasn't so stingy about selling its library before it got shut down, because I don't know if Disney will give companies like GOG.com or Steam the rights to sell those games. I would think that it would be more practical to still sell all of LA's games as online downloads on their site, just like 3D Realms and GOG.com did. Maybe Yahtzee Croshaw had a point when he thought that LA was more concerned with accommodating George Lucas' sensibilities rather than remaining a creative company in its own right. Whatever led LA to devolve, there as still a lot of potentially good game ideas they missed out on over the years. I for one originally expected them to design the a DF/JK/MOTS-styled Indiana Jones FPS instead of a the Tomb Raider wannabe Infernal Machine, but that's just me. I would've also wanted the original DF/JK team to have designed Jedi Outcast instead, though I am fond of JO. Come to think of it, I know what's happened to Tim Schafer when he left LA, but what's become of the teams behind DF, JK, TIE Fighter, and Shadows of the Empire? I still think that those guys are as much deserving of recognition as LA's adventure developers.

Rambling about LA aside, I'm still hoping that GOG.com may make a deal with Disney to sell all of LA's games sometime soon, or sometime much later. I just still can't believe LA didn't consider selling their old games for digital download when they were still somewhat living. It's like all of LA's classics have been buried in the innermost pits of the Valley of the Jedi.
2013-04-29, 8:08 PM #52
For the last ten years all LA did was release Star Wars clone of popular games.
2013-04-30, 10:30 AM #53
IIRC Lucasarts didn't develop any of the X-Wing games.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-04-30, 11:49 AM #54
Originally posted by Tracer:
IIRC Lucasarts didn't develop any of the X-Wing games.

Never mind that. My point is that LucasArts had the benefit of having creative teams, as well as other companies, to develop a bunch of classic games for them. I'm just wondering what became of all the original talent behind the best Star Wars PC games, and who GOG.com is going to negotiate with in order for all the games to be played again by us ravenous fans.
2013-04-30, 2:00 PM #55
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
So I assume 1313 is dead?

I guess your revival of AKPiggott's "Enter the Dark Lord" is dead?
2013-05-01, 11:18 AM #56
Originally posted by Dark Trooper P5:
I'm just wondering what became of all the original talent behind the best Star Wars PC games, and who GOG.com is going to negotiate with in order for all the games to be played again by us ravenous fans.

A quick Google search reveals that Justin Chin (one of the JKDF1 & JKDF2 designers) is currently self-employed.
? :)
2013-05-01, 1:17 PM #57
Was there, like, a lot of jews in LucasArts or something?
He said to them: "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment." - Gospel of Thomas
2013-05-01, 1:40 PM #58
whoooooooaaaaa

heyyyyyyyyy
DO NOT WANT.
2013-05-03, 6:18 AM #59
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/emot-jchin.png]
2013-05-04, 9:23 PM #60
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
I guess your revival of AKPiggott's "Enter the Dark Lord" is dead?

No. I just can't find where I put it.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-06-10, 10:01 PM #61
Echoman's news post on the front page raised a good point. Massassi.net actually outlived LucasArts. 10 years ago, I wouldn't even have bet 10 dollars on that happening.
2013-06-11, 10:41 AM #62
Originally posted by DSettahr:
Echoman's news post on the front page raised a good point. Massassi.net actually outlived LucasArts. 10 years ago, I wouldn't even have bet 10 dollars on that happening.

That blows my mind
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-06-15, 11:56 AM #63
Blah! I'm really hoping 1313 gets picked up and released by someone else.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-06-15, 12:12 PM #64
. . .
My blawgh.
2013-06-15, 12:27 PM #65
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/FGR_zeldaSADi.png]
2013-06-16, 5:01 PM #66
FGR? More like elFGR
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."

↑ Up to the top!