Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → **** Off with my new STALKER mods
**** Off with my new STALKER mods
2013-04-27, 8:31 AM #1
I know we do this every 12 months or so, so maybe it's about time again. My question at this point is pretty specific, so here's hoping Tibby, Tony, or whoever are still all about this jazz.

I'm playing STLAKRE: SoC through again, for the first time since getting a new PC, so I'm ready to dig into some graphical overhaul mods that I couldn't really run before. I know there are like the Big Five mods, or whatever... Stalker Complete, LURK, Oblivion Lost, etc., but what I'm specifically looking for is a graphical overhaul/gameplay improvement mod that *includes an expanded arsenal*. Stalker Complete seems great, but it doesn't include any new guns from what I see. I've found a couple small gun add-ons for Complete, but they add like 5 guns... I'm hoping to find something a bit heftier.

I know LURK adds a bunch, but all the comment threads on LURK I'm reading complain about a couple problems that I think would also bother me: unfair weights on ammunition (though I've found a couple fixes) and unfair AI behavior (they engage at extreme distance with extreme accuracy), etc.

Oblivion Lost seems to come in many versions, with no clear main version (apparently there's a WIP page for it on ModDB, with scattered downloads for various previous versions)... and I can't quite tell if OL hits the main three things I care about, which, to reiterate, are

1) Graphical Enhancements
2) Weapon Enhancements/New Weapons
3) Gameplay/UI Tweaks and Improvements (Random Blowouts, Sleeping Bags, whatever.)

If y'all can help me out at all, I'd be so happy! Thanks!
2013-04-27, 9:20 AM #2
Perhaps something with an option to disable/minimize head bob, too -_______-. Good Lort.
2013-04-27, 12:28 PM #3
I suppose there are mod packs that combine Oblivion Lost w/ Arsenal mods, scopes, tweaks, weather mods, etc., like SMP ... http://www.moddb.com/mods/super-mod-pack What say ye guys?
2013-04-27, 1:10 PM #4
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE

↑ Up to the top!