Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Memorial Day
Memorial Day
2013-05-27, 4:04 PM #1
Here's a quote from Einstein I found: [/COLOR]
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
[/COLOR] War is a terrible thing. We need a One World Government to end wars and learn how to harvest the energy of the sun so that we can go to the stars. [/COLOR]
幻術
2013-05-27, 4:10 PM #2
Source? I want to be sure it's not one of those quotes someone came up with and attributed to Einstein because people will associate the name with intellectual authority. :P
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-05-27, 10:13 PM #3
Odds are good it's an actual quote, seeing that Einstein was a huge proponent of global government.
>>untie shoes
2013-05-27, 11:45 PM #4
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-05-28, 5:34 AM #5
Originally posted by Krokodile:
Source? I want to be sure it's not one of those quotes someone came up with and attributed to Einstein because people will associate the name with intellectual authority. :P

http://rescomp.stanford.edu/~cheshire/EinsteinQuotes.html

Originally posted by Antony:
Odds are good it's an actual quote, seeing that Einstein was a huge proponent of global government.

I didn't actually know this. The bit about One World Government [/COLOR] is mine.
幻術
2013-05-28, 8:28 PM #6
>>untie shoes
2013-05-28, 8:32 PM #7
I find that picture not as scary as it should be.
2013-05-29, 2:50 AM #8
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
I find that picture not as scary as it should be.

It's likely because it's not dissimilar from his actual face.
? :)
2013-05-29, 3:57 AM #9
[http://www.obviouswinner.com/storage/post-images/everyone-gary-oldman-2.gif]
nope.

↑ Up to the top!