Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need a wireless router
I need a wireless router
2013-09-02, 6:40 PM #1
I'm having severe router issues. I'll be connected to the network, but the router isn't forwarding the connection from the modem over the WiFi. Ethernet devices work fine. Rebooting router typically fixes it for a while.

Updated firmware, played with settings, flashed dd-wrt to see if crappy firmware was the problem. I've determined that the router is just dying.

What's the best bang for your buck wireless router out there, preferably less than $100 but I'm willing to go up to $150.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2013-09-02, 7:42 PM #2
I have no recommendations because I'm hopeless out of date on the router I'm using. I would have trouble justifying paying anywhere near $100 for a wireless router unless you have some very specialized needs or maybe looking to support a large number of simultaneous clients. I think the most I ever paid was $40 for a WRTG54 (still in use, no 802.11n in my house). And it recently times I've purchased a Belkin N300 and an On Networks N150 routers for <$20 that seem to do an adequate job.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-09-02, 7:50 PM #3
I just want a stable reliable connection. I'm only going to have at most 10 clients connected simultaneously. The router I currently have is a Linksys WRT400N dual-band router. I paid $75 for it new. I don't need a dual band router because most of my devices don't even detect the ssid on the 5 GHz band. It has worked rather well for these 3 years up until the last 3 months or so.
2013-09-02, 8:42 PM #4
My Makita wireless router is a boss hoss.

As is any other Makita product.
2013-09-02, 9:06 PM #5
You're so funny, Rob.

↑ Up to the top!