Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 10 years since MaDa died
10 years since MaDa died
2013-12-09, 10:31 PM #1
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=3647

Didn't know him that well (probably talked to him on the chat like once in 2002), but that thread still hit me (didn't expect to see anything like that on Massassi).

Here's how I used his textures in the original TODOA from 2003:

[Unable to find specified attachment]

(And here's the remade area from 2009 with a lot of Zul textures)

5 years have passed since Vegiemaster's death next March - that one hit me more because I was more acquainted with him (and for that matter, he had posted here on the day right before his death).

And what about Snake-Eyes?

Long live LimeLite!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-12-09, 11:43 PM #2
He was a cool guy. We talked on AIM a pretty good amount if I remember. I made tears when I heard.
2013-12-10, 1:20 AM #3
I owe my religious humility to his exemplary grace, and recently told my religious aunt my experience with him to illustrate why she and I get along so well despite our theological differences. He went from snarky quips in a semi-serious religious discussion, to defending my beliefs when it was clear his friends weren't joking. I barely knew him, but he made sure I felt respected and heard. I was a pretty anti-christian person until that discussion, but he imprinted on me a sense of equality that wasn't patronizing or disingenuous. I don't have to agree with someone to respect them. The thing is, he probably didn't think anything of it, when it has impacted me profoundly. While I was overzealous in my younger years about celebrating his life, his name remains in my signature so that I never forget that exemplified humility.

Vegiemaster's passing was a whole different beast for the same reason FGR expressed. I talked to that kid daily. He was so damn sweet and remembered things about you and made sure to ask about them. We found each other on several sites we were both on without specifically looking, but having just happened to comment on the same thing. I'd always come back to my computer to find a steam invitation to play a game, and I'd regret having not been there to play. He was one of those online fixtures I took for granted, but when he was gone, it was really alarming and difficult. I still have an unreasonable and overwhelming reaction to sleep apnea because of his passing, and a family member with the disorder passing within the same month. I regularly get the desire to talk to him, and for a long time his accounts were still visible. He stayed up with me many nights on stickam, and I sure do miss him.

Thinking about those two always makes me message a bunch of people online with sop about how their words on my monitor mean more than that to me, and I'd be sick if I lost them, but it's really true.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-12-11, 2:51 AM #4
RIP
幻術

↑ Up to the top!