Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This should be interesting (Unreal Tournament)
This should be interesting (Unreal Tournament)
2014-05-09, 12:58 AM #1
https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/the-future-of-unreal-tournament-begins-today
2014-05-09, 3:38 AM #2
It's an interesting concept, experiment, marketing strategy, etc. $20/month is a bit steep for those of us that are more casual about our editing (despite being able to cancel at any time & keep UE4 in its current state) but it could be an interesting opportunity for more dedicated editors. I've enjoyed most of the series, but I've always disliked the Translocator--it always felt to me like it was compensating for a hole in the gameplay, though I know many probably think that it actually enhances it. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on this.
? :)
2014-05-09, 10:24 AM #3
Well, in the ut2k3 manual it is stated that overusing the translocator can lead to certain adverse health effects such as nausea.
2014-05-09, 10:55 AM #4
I've never played Unreal, but I've always been interested in the engine, but I can't pay for even that right now. Maybe in a few more months I could, but then again I'm not terrible interested in this atm.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2014-05-14, 1:24 AM #5
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I've never played Unreal, but I've always been interested in the engine, but I can't pay for even that right now. Maybe in a few more months I could, but then again I'm not terrible interested in this atm.

For what it's worth, you can pay just the $20 for UE4 as-is and immediately unsubscribe, you just won't get updates.
2014-05-15, 2:12 PM #6
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
;1185506']For what it's worth, you can pay just the $20 for UE4 as-is and immediately unsubscribe, you just won't get updates.

I wouldn't do anything with it anyways. I've reached a point in life where if there isn't some form of monetary reward in learning something new or doing something, I just simply cannot afford to devote time to it, and since it would be incredibly unlikely for someone to come up to me and ask me to develop something with the unreal engine, with payments per milestone, I just can't afford to invest the time and effort into it.
Nothing to see here, move along.

↑ Up to the top!