Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Halt and Catch Fire
Halt and Catch Fire
2014-06-30, 4:54 PM #1
Anyone else watching this? I've been hooked since the first episode.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2014-06-30, 6:25 PM #2
No
>>untie shoes
2014-06-30, 6:41 PM #3
Reading Wikipedia's summary of episode #1 makes me wonder: is this show a reasonably accurate portrayal of what really happened? Because: the subject matter interests me.

Idol worship is commonplace in the tech industry; so far I've avoided exposing my brain to the hagiographic biopics of S. Jobs, M. Zuckerberg, etc.
2014-06-30, 8:21 PM #4
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
is this show a reasonably accurate portrayal of what really happened?

No. The setting, technology and terminology are correct, but the central characters and company are fictitious.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2014-06-30, 8:37 PM #5
That's cool--better than falsely portraying real people.
2014-06-30, 9:41 PM #6
I enjoyed the pilot, but a DVR malfunction has caused me to miss... what, two episodes now? Anyway, pretty good show from what I saw.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2014-06-30, 9:51 PM #7
Originally posted by gbk:
No. The setting, technology and terminology are correct, but the central characters and company are fictitious.

Appropriate, because at most tech firms the central characters and company are also fictitious.

Oh nooooo, you don't work at a major company. It's a startup, you work for yourself. We just fund you completely in exchange for almost all of the profit. And I mean, sometimes we'll scrap your idea and put you on something we think is better, because a good startup is really about the team, not about the idea. We also take care of the gritty details, like putting you up in a modern open-concept cubicle farm and helping you recruit team members, and pairing you up with one of our hand-picked management teams because we know you engineering folks don't want to waste your time thinking about the business stuff.

What? No don't be silly, it's totally different from working for a big company.
2014-07-01, 1:07 AM #8
Eh, no. Hell, I like pizza but I still wouldn't watch a show about the incestuous family drama of the supposed inventors of pizza in Italia Bolognese.

Or maybe I would, I dunno.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!