Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How the butt do I stop this?
How the butt do I stop this?
2014-07-12, 8:57 PM #1
Whenever I watch certain video sites, like Blip or Twitch, I have this annoying popup in the corner that usually covers the play and volume buttons. I can't figure out how to get that to not happen.

guys guys guys guys guys, I don't want to see it anymore.

Chrome Version 36.0.1985.103 beta-m
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2014-07-12, 9:04 PM #2
WITHIN A MINUTE OF POSTING I THINK I FIXED IT.

Uncheck "Show Sandbox Warning Banner" in the Java advanced settings.
Free Jin!
2014-07-12, 9:06 PM #3
Nope!

THAT WAS WRONG.
Did I mention it happens sometimes and sometimes it doesn't? Now it is.
Free Jin!
2014-07-12, 9:50 PM #4
Step 1: don't watch omnigamer he's a terrible person (nah actually he's pretty cool, we talk tech at the marathons sometimes).

Any extensions in use?
2014-07-12, 10:04 PM #5
i've walked down the list disabling them, still the same
Free Jin!
2014-07-13, 7:22 AM #6
whoa i have this same problem, yeah, what do?
2014-07-13, 9:13 AM #7
It's Massassians helping Massassians all over again!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2014-07-13, 9:45 AM #8
This isn't a problem with an extension.

Chrome shows you that message when you mouse over an anchor, so you don't accidentally click on something you don't want to click on. Either the video is contained inside an anchor element, or it's HTML5 video with custom javascript/css player controls. Twitch probably screwed something up in their implementation, but there's a reasonable argument that Chrome should handle the fullscreen case better.

Either way, if you want a fix you'll need to talk to Google about it, because hail satan.
2014-07-13, 10:01 AM #9
Jon`C: That's why I'm confused ,because that Twitch window isn't HTML5 at all. The whole thing including the buttons is Flash.

What is the exact page this is happening on Genk because I never see this.
2014-07-13, 11:22 AM #10
No idea if this'll help in your case, but I have a similar problem with Chrome, except mine shows the URL that I'm on. Anyway, most video sites allow you to toggle full screen mode by double clicking on the video instead of clicking the button for it. When I do that I never get the popup.

Edit: I just checked and looks like Blip videos don't go full screen this way. Twitch videos do, though.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2014-07-13, 1:50 PM #11
CM, I think it happens on embedded streams, so there's no specific site that its linked to. It will also show up with a string of text for googleads stuff. I bet joncy has it right and its chrome ****ing something up.
Free Jin!
2014-07-13, 4:00 PM #12
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Either way, if you want a fix you'll need to talk to Google about it, because hail satan.

That's pretty darned apt.
2014-07-13, 5:35 PM #13
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
That's pretty darned apt.

Also, Google won't fix it anyway, so you might as well not even bother.
2014-07-13, 5:44 PM #14
They're this generation's Microsoft.

Except Microsoft didn't make drones and robots for the military, and they also made a product that wasn't "their users".

And Microsoft wasn't run by Bay Area financial class ****heads.
2014-07-13, 6:20 PM #15
I guess what I'm trying to say is that Google is at the point in the tech company lifecycle where they face the complex challenges of a huge boring corporation combined with immature executives who pretend they're still running a startup. You end up with a shallow org (aka micromanagement) and unsustainable organic growth, despite anybody with the talent or passion to accomplish it being driven out by boredom or perverse incentives which punish people for trying to handle technical debt.

Android is the Windows 95 of mobile. Anybody who remembers ME through to Vista should start moving away from Google products and services, because that slide is basically inevitable, and unlike Microsoft, Google isn't gonna let you opt out.

Edit: hth, genk
2014-07-14, 12:53 PM #16
i like that Jon's posting habit is weekly drive-by rants aimed at no one in particular
2014-07-14, 12:57 PM #17
Them googols
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-07-14, 5:35 PM #18
Helping Massassians!

ps GO OGELS
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2014-07-17, 12:16 AM #19
Originally posted by Reid:
i like that Jon's posting habit is weekly drive-by rants aimed at no one in particular

Yes. I find them interesting.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2014-07-17, 12:16 AM #20
Originally posted by Reid:

Yes. I find them interesting.

BTW the real solution is to use Firefox.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2014-07-17, 7:00 PM #21
Originally posted by Jon`C:
combined with immature executives who pretend they're still running a startup. You end up with a shallow org (aka micromanagement) and unsustainable organic growth, despite anybody with the talent or passion to accomplish it being driven out by boredom or perverse incentives which punish people for trying to handle technical debt.

Jesus christ you just described my company to a T
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2014-07-18, 1:50 PM #22
1. Install Firefox
2. ???
3. Profit!
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I

↑ Up to the top!