Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MS-DOS Games of ye youth
MS-DOS Games of ye youth
2015-01-07, 9:07 PM #1
https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Some of the games don't work correctly...yet. Hopefully they'll get those working. No local saves yet either. Some of the games do work pretty well. I was actually also shocked with regards to the volume of games. I was pretty impressed by some of the animations in the Batman Returns game.
2015-01-07, 10:49 PM #2
Found this yesterday, thought it was really cool.

Then I noticed 99% of those games are stream only, have no local saves and take an ass-load of time to load. I guess the concept is nice, tho'

Also, man did they make some horrible games back in the day. Of course, they also do it now, but looking at archives like that soitenly makes you realize how some things don't change.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-01-09, 7:03 AM #3
I can't seem to find any of those lousy teaching-typing games that were popular back in those days. Damn, those things were worthless but teachers at school seemed convinced those things were very useful.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2015-01-11, 11:54 AM #4
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I can't seem to find any of those lousy teaching-typing games that were popular back in those days. Damn, those things were worthless but teachers at school seemed convinced those things were very useful.

I can't remember the name of this educational series where you were part of a group of kids solving mysteries or something... my dad would buy them all and have me do them over and over again. I do think they helped me in math but it would have been more practical to just buy workbooks and solve them.7

EDIT: Nevermind, those were windows games, not MS-DOS. I didn't really play much on MS-DOS, I liked real toys more than video-games at that point, mainly because I had very little real toys.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-01-11, 12:42 PM #5
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:

I still hold that my seventh grade typing class was one of the most beneficial classes I had in 13 years of public education. Back then we used actual typewriters. I may not be Jon`C fast but I can touch-type fine most of the time. Never really did get the top number row down though...
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2015-01-12, 3:51 PM #6
Oh man. I used to spend boatloads of time playing Subwar 2050. I never tried to destroy the other subs; rather, I would pilot my sub between all the canyons on the ocean floor. That game had some really fun terrain.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!