Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I would watch the **** out of this show...
I would watch the **** out of this show...
2015-03-31, 9:56 PM #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2015-04-01, 12:39 AM #2
Haha, that was pretty sweet.

Not quite sure what a turbine is doing on an ion thruster designed for use in a vacuum, though.
2015-04-01, 6:31 AM #3
Honestly, I've always hated the regular TIE Fighters. Which is why in that video, at the part where that one TIE Fighter gets it, it feels really weird that it wouldn't be destroyed immediately (as it so happens in, well, everywhere else) and then it sort of looks he he's boosting up shields (or putting more power into speed, whatever). The ending would have benefited from the last 17 or so notes of the Imperial March, though. >_> But eh, that's enough Nikumunitpickery, and as a short film titled "TIE Fighter", it's still quite fitting.

Great stuff, in any case.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-04-01, 1:30 PM #4
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
and then it sort of looks he he's boosting up shields (or putting more power into speed, whatever).

Yeah, it's speed because it was blue. This person clearly played TIE Fighter and got most of the details right. (That homage to the briefing room!) The part where the missile lock-on warning blared I instinctively jumped out of my skin and was yelling at the guy to begin evasive maneuvers. Of course, it was a little weird that the sound played more than twice, but eh.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2015-04-02, 4:21 PM #5
I like how the Imperial capital ships move in on their rebel counterparts at the end of the battle, unleashing a salvo of turbo laser fire. (I always thought this was a fun part of the game).

Of course, I often found those same turbo-lasers targeting me, whenever I accidentally let stray cannon fire hit my own Star Destroyer. Unlike X-Wing, your superiors don't think twice before disposing potential rogues. And sometimes, as it happens, they'll even be the ones to take the first shot, should you represent a threat to the admiral of the Star Destroyer's fleet.

↑ Up to the top!